How to dispose of deer carcass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklahomabuilder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last few years, I've been hunting on lease land where we just disposed of the deer on the land. Now I'm hunting on public land this year. How do you properly dispose of a deer carcass shot on public land?

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last few years, I've been hunting on lease land where we just disposed of the deer on the land. Now I'm hunting on public land this year. How do you properly dispose of a deer carcass shot on public land?

Assuming that you're just talking about the hide and the remaining bones after taking all the meat, I just double bag them and put them in the trash.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
drop it off at the nearest meat processor that participates in the Hunters against Hunger program. It's usually $10 and will help the hungry this winter.

Here is the list of the processors in the state who participate.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
drop it off at the nearest meat processor that participates in the Hunters against Hunger program. It's usually $10 and will help the hungry this winter.

Here is the list of the processors in the state who participate.

Not trying to be an ass but the hungry really eat bones and skin?? I would just bag it and throw it in your trash like everything else, that's what I do.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This year I actually did the online check in and quartered and deboned in the field. I was hours away from home and it worked out great. The way that I read the regs it was proper to do it this way

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be an ass but the hungry really eat bones and skin?? I would just bag it and throw it in your trash like everything else, that's what I do.

I thought he was just talking about dumping the body (i.e. taking the head/rack and leaving the meat....which I have seen all too often).

Latest posts

Top Bottom