How would we petition to get the knife-laws changed in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread.

Wondering if there are any efforts underway for the next legislative sessions regarding cleaning up our knife laws.

I know the whole spring assisted thing was passed and signed and takes effect soon. But Wondering if there is an effort to get rid of all of switchblade language, or to allow the carry with an Oklahoma HGL, etc...

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am so uncertain about the knife laws that I carry a Gerber Crucial - technichally a multitool folder. But it has that thumb bolt on the blade for quick, one handed opening.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Lawton, many people carry knives which aren't supposed to be over 6 inches or longer than a dollar bill and the LEO's don't care. Now, if they have a run-in with you and you are an A-hole, they will cite you for having a knife over 6 inches and most of the time it is with other charges like drugs or something. If you are a regular citizen that don't make a scene, they don't even pay attention to it. I don't carry one cause I don't want to take a chance on losing my license and my .45 is better anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've moved since I first posted this and am just getting settled in now, but I'd honestly be completely in favor of removing 21-1272 from the books altogether (like Arizona and a couple of other states recently did). They also put into law that no municipal code can override the state's knife laws (which in my opinion, is really just preserving individual rights).

Here are all of the states' knife-laws in one convenient place:

http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws/

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a state senator who was a co-sponsor of the open carry bill. I inquired about support in the legislature for this and he told me he would at least check into it. I'll let you know what I find out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with a state senator who was a co-sponsor of the open carry bill. I inquired about support in the legislature for this and he told me he would at least check into it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Seriously ask about removing the entire section (and including some sort of preclusion from City municipalities) as AZ seems to have really broken ground there.

If you ask me, lawmakers should be spending more time cleaning up old crappy laws than they do creating new ones.

I can get plenty of background info for you if you need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom