Hunting deer with an AR15 (magazine limit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, try to explain the logic behind that one.

at the time the law was written ak's were not available in the US. (late 70's I believe)
most semi-autos you see today weren't allowed to be imported til 1984.
about the only guns available then were ar's and mini-14's so they figured they wouldn't be affecting that many people. especially when you realize back then there probably wasn't 2000 in the whole state and most were in the hands of target shooters and not hunters.

nobody has messed with this law because they are afraid the antis will get the upperhand and make it 7 rounds max. for all guns.

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not worried about it. i put a piece of metal up in the bottom to limit it to 7. then put a screw in that to hold it in place and then put jb weld all around the bottom of it. no way in hell i could take that apart in the field without a few tools. just tested it and it functions fine.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You run into the right ranger and you'll be worried about it, but it's a free country. It just sure seems like a hole lot of trouble and gamble just to save $20, I just bought one for my son for $17.00.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since AR's seem to be pretty reliant on good mags to function properly is there as much to be concerned about with the 5 rounders as there is with the 30 rounders?

I know with the 30's there are tons of garbage mags out there, does the same apply to the 5's?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since AR's seem to be pretty reliant on good mags to function properly is there as much to be concerned about with the 5 rounders as there is with the 30 rounders?

I know with the 30's there are tons of garbage mags out there, does the same apply to the 5's?

I shoot the mags from Brownells. My buddies son was a SAW gunner in Iraq. Mil mags were not reliable, so he sent him the Brownell mags. He finished his tour with no failures.
The magpuls are supposed to be awesome, and would use them in matches, etc, but if it comes to SHTF, I'm going with metal mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom