Hunting with a glock 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that arguing with somebody on a gun board is like wrestling a pig in the mud.
After awhile, you realize the only reason the pig does it is because he likes it.

Last edited:

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Says the guy with 12 posts per day, highest on this gun board :pms2:
You are too funny :bowdown:

He posts a lot because he has a vast wealth of knowledge and experience and is kind enough to share it with a community of like minded individuals.

What the .223 is referred to as is irrelevant, what it does is. His argument presents evidence of effective use of the round and I see absolutely nothing to warrant tearing him down for it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And almost TRILLION (yes, million million) rounds fired to get the job done, that puts it right back where it belongs - varmints. :P
The only thing that makes AR15/223 viable combat option is the "GO" switch - you arn't in combat nor you have the "go" switch.If you can take deer with a bow and arrow - you can surely take it with ANYTHING that goes bang: just call things what they are:
bow and arrow - archery
Semi-automatic rifle in 22 caliber - varmint rifle

P.S. I hunt deer with bow, muzzle-loader, handgun, 223, high-power, magnum - I'll go hunting EVERY legal way possible, I just don't recommend "higher risk" tools for the first hunt.

Hey Dennis, you might as well give it up...it's sad to have finally learned that we weren't really very effective with our "varminty" (is that a word?) service rifles. I used to have plenty of confidence in the rifle itself as well as the .223/5.56 round, even without the "go" switch. That is, until I found out in here that it isn't a viable combat option...but hey what the hell do I know? I'm just an old Marine Infantryman who carried the damn thing for years and learned to trust it.

Last edited:

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He posts a lot because he has a vast wealth of knowledge and experience and is kind enough to share it with a community of like minded individuals.

What the .223 is referred to as is irrelevant, what it does is. His argument presents evidence of effective use of the round and I see absolutely nothing to warrant tearing him down for it.

+1. Your knowledge is appreciated. Hopefully after this deer season ill have some nice pics to post up too. I'm a little queries to what a "go" switch is referring to. Anybody want to fill me in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1. Your knowledge is appreciated. Hopefully after this deer season ill have some nice pics to post up too. I'm a little queries to what a "go" switch is referring to. Anybody want to fill me in.
Its the select switch for full auto, or semi auto. Back in the day, you could dump a full magazine with one pull of the trigger on an M-16. Current models fire in a 3 round burst, for each pull of the trigger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Dennis, you might as well give it up...it's sad to have finally learned that we weren't really very effective with our "varminty" (is that a word?) service rifles. I used to have plenty of confidence in the rifle itself as well as the .223/5.56 round, even without the "go" switch. That is, until I found out in here that it isn't a viable combat option...but hey what the hell do I know? I'm just an old Marine Infantryman who carried the damn thing for years and learned to trust it.

I know what you mean.
This forum has a really nice feature to filter out trolls. Its called the ignore option. I'll never see another post put up by our troll. Life is good now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom