Hypothetically speaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the proper thing for the officer to do?

• Release the men

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Detain the men

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Detain the men and run serial number checks on their weapons

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read this thread several times and seems to me as if the people who couldnt stay on topic are the jokes :laughup: The question was pretty simple as was the answer there wasnt anymore info needed. The info he asked for was from the people who responded as to why they chose the answer they did. All he asked was how you would handle the 3 men after you cleared them of all wrong doing. I dont see why this has turned into what it is. Simple question simple answer. His questioning of every answer tis asking why the answer in question has anything to do with the original poll. He hasnt questioned or talked down to anyone who as actually had input that had anything to do with the question he asked.

You see how you want, I see it differently. Going by your post, you just put yourself in the joke category since you didn't stay on topic now. :smack:

This is an open public forum and people will answer as they see fit. If you want to try to talk down to them because they didn't stay on topic, answer it the way you wanted them to or you think they are going off topic, doesn't detract from you talking down to people. Maybe if he would have treated people who were asking questions and providing input even if he thought it was off topic a little differently, this thread would have probably ended differently.

Some people don't see the situation the same as yourself. Just because they ask questions or provide input that doesn't suit what you want doesn't mean it is off topic. Just means they saw it differently than you did. If you can't handle that, then maybe posting on public forums isn't for you.

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You see how you want, I see it differently. Going by your post, you just put yourself in the joke category since you didn't stay on topic now. :smack:

This is an open public forum and people will answer as they see fit. If you want to try to talk down to them because they didn't stay on topic, answer it the way you wanted them to or you think they are going off topic, doesn't detract from you talking down to people. Maybe if he would have treated people who were asking questions and providing input even if he thought it was off topic a little differently, this thread would have probably ended differently.

Some people don't see the situation the same as yourself. Just because they ask questions or provide input that doesn't suit what you want doesn't mean it is off topic. Just means they saw it differently than you did. If you can't handle that, then maybe posting on public forums isn't for you.

I gave input earlier on in the thread. Based on all of your comment in this thread you are a joke if there ever was one.:smack: All of your posts in this thread have been sarcastic instead of giving actual input as to why you chose the answer you did. The situation was clear 3 men armed outside the house making sure no one left before the officers arrived. Police officer shows up handles the situation at hand and clears everyone of any wrong doing. what is the proper thing to do release the men, detain them(for no reason since he already cleared them of wrong doing) or detain them and run the numbers on their weapons. the answer to it all is very simple chose A,B or C and answer why. im fully aware that this is an open forum and people can answer the way they see fit but if you make ignorant comment well i guess if the shoe fits...........

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave input earlier on in the thread. Based on all of your comment in this thread you are a joke if there ever was one.:smack: All of your posts in this thread have been sarcastic instead of giving actual input as to why you chose the answer you did. The situation was clear 3 men armed outside the house making sure no one left before the officers arrived. Police officer shows up handles the situation at hand and clears everyone of any wrong doing. what is the proper thing to do release the men, detain them(for no reason since he already cleared them of wrong doing) or detain them and run the numbers on their weapons. the answer to it all is very simple chose A,B or C and answer why. im fully aware that this is an open forum and people can answer the way they see fit but if you make ignorant comment well i guess if the shoe fits...........

You are right!! I wish I can be just like you when I grow up. Taking everything on the internets so serious and getting butt hurt.

Yep that is it!!!

[Broken External Image]

EDIT: I actually did answer the poll but added my original post since this thread was already becoming ridiculous with the constant questioning of every post. KTHNXBYE

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right!! I wish I can be just like you when I grow up. Taking everything on the internets so serious and getting butt hurt.

Yep that is it!!!

EDIT: I actually did answer the poll but added my original post since this thread was already becoming ridiculous with the constant questioning of every post. KTHNXBYE

Yes you do need to grow up that is apparent. I don't take anything serious that i read on the internet too much BS to sort through but i also try and contribute when someone asks a question or is in need of assistance instead of being condescending and talking down to them. Believe me im nowhere near being butt hurt.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you do need to grow up that is apparent. I don't take anything serious that i read on the internet too much BS to sort through but i also try and contribute when someone asks a question or is in need of assistance instead of being condescending and talking down to them. Believe me im nowhere near being butt hurt.

Especially people who end their reply with "KTHNXBYE".

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I do love your assumptions. Just because you have a stick up your ass and don't know how to have some fun and take everything so serious doesn't mean I can't. But hey what do I know, you seem to know everything about me and what I need to do so I should just toe the line and say "Sir Yes Sir!" right?

Especially people who end their reply with "KTHNXBYE".

[sarcasm]I thought that would be a nice touch for the everyone! Thanks!!![/sarcasm]

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why so serious?

aencefalus.com_wp_content_uploads_2008_07_joker.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom