I am an A-hole so I will say it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you sir have some nerve to suggest that someone leave their home country for disagreeing with you.

Last time I checked the govt takes 200 bucks a week from me that I never see, I can assume this fellow dick shares the same pain. And because of that we are entitled to an opinion on how that hard erned money is used.

I am a firm believer that someone should fix their own damn problems before they go looking to fix others.
Now If you're opinion is the opposite, then I welcome private charities for that duty.

Wether or not the USA contributes is a decision we all get to have a voice in wether it is followed or not.

Before you go telling another citizen to leave for having a different opinion than you, I suggest you remember that this country is as much his and mine as it is your's!

Thanks Robert, well written.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to check again man.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt

As the link says, per treasury.gov

They still hold enough that we really need them to be healthy.

People feel really strongly about foreign aid but in reality it's less than two one hundreds of one percent of our Federal spending (using FY2009).

If the rest of the spending was compared to your wife buying a Lexus GS, in comparison the foreign aid would be her buying a coworker a McDonald's Quarter Pounder Value Meal.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, a tremendous disaster hit the Japanese, a long friend and ally. We should do our best to help them, to the extend we can.
If we don't have money to spare (we don't), we should cut all those leeches that are for ever dependent on our tax dollars with no end in sight, even when we are broke they don't give us a break and help the Japanese who happened to be a proud, honorable and hardworking people and will always be there for us.
Helping them is the right thing to do and a great investment in our joint future.
I don't have any Japanese on my woodpile, I do like them a lot but I buy American cars only.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, a tremendous disaster hit the Japanese, a long friend and ally. We should do our best to help them, to the extend we can.
If we don't have money to spare (we don't), we should cut all those leeches that are for ever dependent on our tax dollars with no end in sight, even when we are broke they don't give us a break and help the Japanese who happened to be a proud, honorable and hardworking people and will always be there for us.
Helping them is the right thing to do and a great investment in our joint future.
I don't have any Japanese on my woodpile, I do like them a lot but I buy American cars only.

I agree with everything you said except for the American car thing.
There are no "American" cars built, and since the 70's, cars have been built with components from other countries. It started with electronics in the radios and has grown from there. They may have been assembled in the US, but they are no longer American cars.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said except for the American car thing.
There are no "American" cars built, and since the 70's, cars have been built with components from other countries. It started with electronics in the radios and has grown from there. They may have been assembled in the US, but they are no longer American cars.

You are absolutely correct and I think many "Japanese" cars are more "American" than many American cars.
I have that thing about buying "American" cars.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, America demolished Japan during WWII then we helped them to rebuild. Comparing to where they've come in the 60+years since (and even in the 80s, only 40 years later) I'd rather help them than keep sending money to a nation who will probably still hate us in 50 years. If they need monetary help, give it to them. If they need other assistance, give it to them. The fallout from the nuclear reactors could be bad, the fallout from the potential collapse of a major economic network (Tokyo stock exchange) could be alot worse for the world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom