I discovered the most tedious.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait until you start with clean brass, trim, expeand necks, turn necks, chamfer, beburr flash hole, ream primer pocket then you'll think trimming is a hoot :laugh6:

Here's an idea a buddy of mine had and it worked great when you had a mess of brass to trim! http://www.forsterproducts.com/catalog.asp?prodid=700292 I have gotten to where I just do 50pcs at a time and well after a mess of playing I don't do AS much as I used to do with case prep. Later,

Kirk

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Dillon 650 and the Dillon 1200 electric case trimmer with a dedicated toolhead.

+1 the only thing better would be a 1050 with a trimmer

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_photo_1_1.jpg

De-cap, size and trim at about 1000 pieces an hour.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love trimming brass in my Giraud trimmer!!! It does everything all in one pass and does it with extreme accuracy. I keep the process on resizing the brass set and the trimmer trims everything within a few thousandths of each other.

I would even venture to say Ninefan loved trimming brass on it compared to the method he first started with and Dustingaunder will prolly love trimming brass on it as well.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I enjoy about reloading is it's theraputic effect it has.
You need to concentrate on what you're doing.
You tend to forget about your problems.
That being said I really don't mind all these steps.
Mundane or otherwise.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Dillon 650 and the Dillon 1200 electric case trimmer with a dedicated toolhead.

+1 the only thing better would be a 1050 with a trimmer

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_photo_1_1.jpg

De-cap, size and trim at about 1000 pieces an hour.

+1! I have seen a Giraud in action and it was impressive. I just couldn't justify the price difference between the Dillon 1200 and the Giraud.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always hated trimming brass, but, in recent years, the arthritis in my hands has made it almost unbearable. Fortunately, I made an adapter a few years ago that allows me to chuck my drill motor up to the cutter shaft and make short work of it!

Colberjs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I trimmed those too, but it didnt seem as bad then 'cause I didn't do many. When I poured out a coffee can of .223, that was different story. I went to Hornady's page. They want $500. for a trimmer. I also want the $500. case feeder. My wife's jaw dropped at what i spent on the reloader, accessories and dies for three calibers! 'Cmon babe, what's another thousand?

I can't wait until I get a reloading kit! May I ask what you spent on your setup? I plan on starting with the Lee Breech Lock Challenger kit. I can pick it up at Basspro for a little over $100 and all I would need is a $25 dollar set of dies per caliber and the powder, primers, and bullets. I've already been saving my brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom