I Don't Like To Be Reminded Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Abby,

I’ve never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision. I’ve suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs… phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says “Just some friends from work, you don’t know them.” I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my BMW R1150 GS motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife's night out.

wifesnightout.jpg

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you have an offspring that will call you and tell you about an upcoming birthday of his kids? For years, my son has called me and says, "don't forget xxx's birthday" It's tomorrow. I talked to hm about this that the cell phone reminds me, the calendar has it noted and I have a fairly good memory plus I have it written down in my notes elsewhere. It irritates me he jsut called so I sent him a list of all the people I have to remember throughout the years nearly 30 birthdays and Christmas gifts and the wife nor I get very little in return yet we fork over 25-$50 a whack for family and their offspring never gift us and rarely thank us. I get invited to my birthday party at a restaurant and guess who pays?
Sorry but I am a little PO'd
Hell I don't even get a phone call from my kids on my birthday or father's day
My step kids are better about it than my own kids are

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have offspring that call me to remind them their mortgage, car and credit card is due. Morals of the story:

1) Don't let them move to Colorado,
2) Reinforce savings and moderation with expenses,
3) Don't ride them too much, keep the door open.

This went on for 3 months, at least he has found a new job that pays much, much more. Been waiting six months for him to start paying back, he will be able to now.

He's not a bad kid, just young and got himself in a bad position. At least he has been listening to his Mom and myself much more. He has paid us back in the past, so not too worried.

Biggest mistake? Should have shown him Family expenses and budgeting. We have gone through tight times in the past and are in much better shape now.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least I'm not alone in this mess. I didn't mean to stir up a bucket of worms. But the kids have wants... And I'm old, tired and grumpy about a lot of things that have been eating at my hide for many decades and I've been silent too long.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least I'm not alone in this mess. I didn't mean to stir up a bucket of worms. But the kids have wants... And I'm old, tired and grumpy about a lot of things that have been eating at my hide for many decades and I've been silent too long.
Don't worry about it John. It's OKShooters. This place is FULL of old, grumpy, judgemental old men.😉😊🤣🤣🤣

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have it easy. The wife and I never buy each other gifts. If she wants something expensive she tells me and I do the same. That way we can stay in our monthly budget. Me, my brothers and sister came to a consensus long ago. They don’t buy me or my family anything and I don’t buy them or their family anything. That way we can focus on our own families. We do call each other to say Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas. The only gifts my kids and grandson get is money. My grandson is 25, so they’re all old enough to know what they want. I’m a horrible gift giver, but a great money giver. My Dad gets an Amazon card for everything, because that’s what he wants. My life is so easy. I love it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom