I dont want to see an aborted fetus during the superbowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://m.cnn.com/primary/wk_article...-ads:1&branding=&category=cnnd_us&pagesize=10

Section 315 of the FCC Telecommunications Act says stations must air ads for candidates for federal office and are prohibited from altering the content. That means they can't refuse to run political ads even if the ads contain material the stations would ordinarily reject.

He makes no apologies for the ads' disturbing content because "using these images is what's required for peaceful political revolution." He points to the results that disturbing images have historically had on wars, child slavery and the civil rights movement.

I don't care how you feel about abortion, but I don't want to see aborted fetuses during the Superbowl.

It wasn't that long ago that an "accidental nipple" caused a huge public outrage at the same event.

This isn't an abortion debate thread...this thread is for people who don't want to see these images during the Superbowl.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this mean that I can start my own Super PAC and show commercials of naked people promoting open marriages and Newt Gringrich as the family values of the 21st Century and show them during the Stupid Bowl? And that the FCC can't/won't do anything about it?

Who wants to see some naked people during the Super Bowl? Let's start our own Super PAC!

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont watch the Super Bowl then, pretty simple

Im not saying it should be censored, thats a dangerous slope. I think it reflects poorly on the candidates judgement than any thing else. To give you an idea of how unpleasant these images are: I went to a conservative christian high school, and our parents had to sign permission forms before we were allowed to see similiar images. How many kids (in the areas where these ads are going to run) are going to be prepared to see bloody dead babies!?! Do you want to be the parent that has to to explain those images to a 9 year old girl?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this mean that I can start my own Super PAC and show commercials of naked people promoting open marriages and Newt Gringrich as the family values of the 21st Century and show them during the Stupid Bowl? And that the FCC can't/won't do anything about it?

Who wants to see some naked people during the Super Bowl? Let's start our own Super PAC!

I had very similiar thoughts...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No.

This is a Presidential Candidate... one of (I think) 334... PACs do not get the same special treatment.

Edit: 335 as of today. http://fec.gov/press/press2011/presidential_form2nm.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom