I have the brass, who woukd like to press me some boolits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hell, you find the components and I will offer the same I do for my close friends. YOU find the goods, come over and I will coach you through them as I let you sit at my reloader. It is a turret though so be ready to spend some time and have a sore elbow. The Ibuprofen afterwards is free though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hell, you find the components and I will offer the same I do for my close friends. YOU find the goods, come over and I will coach you through them as I let you sit at my reloader. It is a turret though so be ready to spend some time and have a sore elbow. The Ibuprofen afterwards is free though.
Thanks, that's the kind of OSA attitude I was hoping for. Im not lazy for sure.
I will shop around for the goods and let you know.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your not interested then don't reply.

In the general ammo section you have to take all advice and comments good or bad. If your wanting to pay someone for their services and without comments then I'd direct you to the WTB section. Where our rules protect you from our opinions

ETA.

If your wanting to learn and come over with all the components, I'd offer to help ya out

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No disrespect but what about load work up?
Not all guns like the same recipe.
You could get a bunch of boolits or powder that your gun just does not group well with..
Build some rounds to do a ladder test first, ...
I have no idea how accurate this gun you have is .. but just pulling some load out of the air will not always work out well.

I would hate to have to load 1000 rounds on my single stage with my 505 beam scale:eek:

It's not too bad doing 50 rounds at a time for my 30-06 or .308...

OH on another note...is your brass deprimed and cleaned...
You are not too far from yukon...I can show you how to easily make a pin tumbler ..sure gets them cases super clean
Makes them look like brand new, here are a few that took a 2 hour spin. br 003.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No disrespect but what about load work up?
Not all guns like the same recipe.
You could get a bunch of boolits or powder that your gun just does not group well with..
Build some rounds to do a ladder test first, ...
I have no idea how accurate this gun you have is .. but just pulling some load out of the air will not always work out well.

I would hate to have to load 1000 rounds on my single stage with my 505 beam scale:eek:

It's not too bad doing 50 rounds at a time for my 30-06 or .308...

OH on another note...is your brass deprimed and cleaned...
You are not too far from yukon...I can show you how to easily make a pin tumbler ..sure gets them cases super clean
Makes them look like brand new, here are a few that took a 2 hour spin.View attachment 27990
good points here. My gun is all top shelf stuff. Built for long range accuracy BUT this initial batch of ammo is just for SHTF stock. Ill get my own Dillon 550 press soon I hope and dig into custom loads later. Very interested in this tumbler you speak of.
my brass is not clean or deprimed.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My savage 10fp is 24" bull barrel and my nerves are rock steady
But i have had some(many) loads that group in the 8" range at 100 yards..change the seating depth and bring it in to 2.5" groups
Change the powder charge 1/2 a grain and bring it into .7" groups
Change the neck tension by .001" and then i can get 1/2" groups.
So how many rounds do you think i went through before i shrank that 8" group?
I know SHTF whatever you have is great..but 8" or 4" or 2" just don't work well for me, that is just a waste of supplies.
Might as well shoot cast lead at slower speeds with those groups..and that is why i cast for my 30-30 and pistols.

My savage was NEW and the barrel on them take some time to break in ..She started shooting tighter after 200 rounds down the pipe.

I do not load .223
Do you have a shell holder for it?
or better yet i have a universal depriming pin that may work for you if you do not have a press...
I could make a base to deprime and you in your spare time could use the wack-a-mole method and deprime the cases
to get them ready to clean.

My pin tumbler is a home made version of the thumlers tumbler

Latest posts

Top Bottom