I have the fever for a 1911 pistol but lots of options can you all help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Derrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want junk, but I don't want to clean the account out either. Used doesn't bother me as long as I know its good piece. I have only shot Glocks and never delt with 1911's can you guys give me little info. I really like the Kimber Stainless II pistol. I am liking the Para's also because of the larger capacity's. Thanks Chris

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go to H&H and rent a few to see what you like to narrow it down. Nobody here can tell you what you're going to like when it's in your hand.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want junk, but I don't want to clean the account out either. Used doesn't bother me as long as I know its good piece. I have only shot Glocks and never delt with 1911's can you guys give me little info. I really like the Kimber Stainless II pistol. I am liking the Para's also because of the larger capacity's. Thanks Chris

I'm not a fan of Para's. I currently have a SA GI with a SA RO on order that will be here the week after Christmas. You don't need to break the bank, just sit tight and watch the classifieds. I am a big SA fan, but there are a ton of good makers out there. There is even a RIA tactical in the classifieds right now that would be an alright first 1911.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Para's. I currently have a SA GI with a SA RO on order that will be here the week after Christmas. .

Man Im jealous, I want one of those so bad. Thats what Im saving up for next, Im going to use it for Bullseye. Ive been watching them on GunBroker. Everyonce in awhile I see them go for under 700

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man Im jealous, I want one of those so bad. Thats what Im saving up for next, Im going to use it for Bullseye. Ive been watching them on GunBroker. Everyonce in awhile I see them go for under 700

I got mine for $675 with 3 mags. It's coming from Wisconsin and I can't wait. My next step is getting the Hyena VZ grips and some new screws. To the OP, if you ever shoot at Heartland, I would be more than happy to let you shoot them. DT, after I get the RO in, I'll let you know and you are more than welcome to take it for a test run at Heartland. Just send me a pm. OP, you might also look at the STI's. They are good guns.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Special Edition Companion (Product code CX745S) Para Ordnance and I like it. Its got Match grade everything so mine maybe an exception but my gun is tight and pretty accurate considering its not even a full size 1911. I have also not experienced a single hiccup with my weapon that most people seem to have with the compact 1911's. Bought it through gungenie.com.

I am looking into getting another Para but in a full size more for the range and less for carry as that why I bought a compact 1911. I would advise anyone looking into getting a 1911 to consider PARA. They offer models with 15 rnd capacity. I have not seen many other 1911's with that kind of depth. Many special forces and other elite military units use/have used their guns as the sidearm of choice so if they are good enough for them they're good enough for me.

I dont understand everyone's fascination of Kimber...

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I'd look at some of the 1911 threads here. Then research the internet to find what each specific gun goes for. Whenever you find the one you like, look on Gunbroker and wait for a good deal. I've gotten some really good deals there. Just passed up a deal on a NIB TRP for $995.00 a couple weeks ago (because I already have one).

Latest posts

Top Bottom