I just saw a new kind of "no guns" sign yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Prominently displayed on their door was a sign that said "No Guns allowed unless in accordance with Oklahoma Concealed Carry laws."

Is that just their way of saying no open carry?

BTW, is the open carry law in effect yet?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So when I walk up and see this sign, do I cram my 1911 in my waste band and go CC, or take it back to the truck, so some low life can watch me go put my 1911 in the truck, and steal it while I go back in the store?

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no such thing as the oklahoma concealed carry law,There is an SDA law.(which states that open carry is treated the same as concealed carry.)
Some anti-gun business owner trying to do what all anti's do,they lost and are trying to use the legal system(poorly i might add) to seek relief for their hatred of guns.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a CC enthusiast, and I'm all for the cause... But I too have a no open carry sign on the door of my small business. Not that I want to rip someones rights away, but I don't want to make shopping here uncomfortable for anyone. I do however have a CC welcome sign next to it.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that's a great sign. It does two things. It tells those who have a permit to carry that they're welcome and it informs the non-carry community that anyone seen open carrying has a permit. Good stuff.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a CC enthusiast, and I'm all for the cause... But I too have a no open carry sign on the door of my small business. Not that I want to rip someones rights away, but I don't want to make shopping here uncomfortable for anyone. I do however have a CC welcome sign next to it.

No pun intended, but for me concealed carry is uncomfortable, so I'll be open carrying the majority of the time. Why do you think this will make other customers uncomfortable? Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you really think it will be a problem and inhibit your bottom line? Do you do any other singling out of patrons? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I really am curious.

I'm originally from a state that allows open carry and I carried frequently in the open, and I never saw anyone make gestures towards my pistol or act in a strange way. That doesn't mean they weren't uncomfortable, but it didn't seem prevalent to me. Beyond that, both of my parents have been business owners (retail and commercial) and didn't see any need to single out any patrons.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No pun intended, but for me concealed carry is uncomfortable, so I'll be open carrying the majority of the time. Why do you think this will make other customers uncomfortable? Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you really think it will be a problem and inhibit your bottom line? Do you do any other singling out of patrons? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I really am curious.

I'm originally from a state that allows open carry and I carried frequently in the open, and I never saw anyone make gestures towards my pistol or act in a strange way. That doesn't mean they weren't uncomfortable, but it didn't seem prevalent to me. Beyond that, both of my parents have been business owners (retail and commercial) and didn't see any need to single out any patrons.

Even here in OK we have the Libtards!

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shouldn't not make the majority of folks in this state nervous, but there are the liberals out there who have decided there against it so BY GOSH NO ONE SHOULD DO IT! They have deemed it wrong for the world. I was actually surprised that we have as many liberal minded folks here as we do, but just sit back and read some of the post on this site (a pro gun site) against OC. Ever listen to the Kevin Ogles rant what some folks on there say about things including OC. Yep look around there everywhere spreading there stupidty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom