I just saw a new kind of "no guns" sign yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't understand how I'm stepping on someones secod amendment rights by only permitting legal concealed carry. I don't understand the argument there.

The argument is here because the folks in this forum love to debate! I agree with 68mustang, and you, that you are welcome to run your business the way you want it run. What I also feel is that you are "doing" yourself and giving yourself a reach-around all at the same time. That too is OK I guess. In another way of thinking I feel you are doing your part to NOT annoy the various folks that may be turned off by OC. If these folks happen to be "fence riders" on the issue of gun control they could be motivated to jump to the I don't like guns crowd if they see OC folks...before today they didn't see CC folks so there was no issue.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many people who instinctively say people will notice and wonder why you're carrying a gun have actually lived in a place where open carry has been legal for quite some time. It seems as though the fact that it hasn't been legal here pushes the envelope of it being accepted. .

Lived in Louisiana and it was no big deal, except for what happened to Marchiafava.

In the area I go to lunch we have a lot of LEOs from all over the state. A lot of them are just in khakis and a department polo, but they still don't stand out like a sore thumb. I've asked people I meet for lunch and most of them didn't even pay attention.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Twoforflinching, have you ever considered the opposite?
Burglars, armed robbers,gangbangers,murderers and other criminals
carry concealed and would never open carry.
This is what got us the gun control laws in the first place.

If I was running a business the sign would read like this.

Conceal carry prohibited !
Open carry welcome !
"Gett'em out where I can see'em boys"
I don't like surprises.

Better to know whos packing and whos not.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just don't understand how I'm stepping on someones secod amendment rights by only permitting legal concealed carry. I don't understand the argument there.

You're confused. You're not stepping on anybody's rights, 2nd Amendment or otherwise.

The old guy asked, "you only support the 2nd Ammendment to the extent that you and your customers are comfortable with it."

You said, "yes."

That little exchange presents you as hypocritical. That's as nauseating as people who only worry about gun rights when said rights impact the particular guns they own.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That little exchange presents you as hypocritical. That's as nauseating as people who only worry about gun rights when said rights impact the particular guns they own.

We're all hypocrites to one extent or another... It's human nature. I guess this is one topic I'm hypocritical about. I can accept and admit that.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, concealed is welcome. Open carry patrons will be asked to conceal, or leave. It isnt a matter of whether it makes me nervous, it doesn't. I am however worried my non-2A customers would be put off/be uncomfortable by those who openly displaying their firearms. Simple numbers...

By far more citizens either conceal, or do not carry at all. Very few will openly carry. Unlike Washington, I refuse to sacrifice the many, just for a few.

This makes sense to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom