I may have lucked into Small Rifle Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was perusing Cabela's website. On a whim, I checked primer availability. Small Rifle primers showed to be available, at $33/1000. Free delivery to store.

While I'm not completely out of Small Rifle, and I'm not down to my last 100, my inventory is much, much lower than any other size. Most certainly below my comfort level. I went ahead and ordered some, thinking this was my lucky day!

A couple minutes later I got an email from Cabela's, regretting that my order couldn't be filled. Their apologies, etc etc.

Dang.

Now, just this morning my phone dinged with an alert. Cabela's has hit my card for the amount of the sale.

I wonder if the primers are on the way ? I'm not usually very lucky....

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the other sizes I'm good. No danger of running out at all. I've been ordering in at least 10k increments for the past few years when good prices showed up, so I'm not hurting.

I'm short on Small Rifle because I've just recently started loading for a cartridge that requires that primer. Not really a problem, I've got a couple thousand already, but safe better safe than sorry.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm short on Small Rifle because I've just recently started loading for a cartridge that requires that primer. Not really a problem, I've got a couple thousand already, but safe better safe than sorry.

me Mr. prepared got caught short on plain jane ammo .. ammo that prior to this shortage was not cost effective to reload. thank goodness I've got loads and loads of reloading supplies and can load up en mass.

sadly gauging by unfolding events .. looks like prices will get worst before getting better ..

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cabelas sucks, they play the "charge it, cant fulfil the order, refund and try again".
I had some ammo on order from them and they pulled money from my card and put it back like 6 times before I had enough of that crap and called to cancel the order. The clerk claims when they get a new shipment, they pull the funds from people who are on the wait list, fulfil what they can, and refund the people who they cant....then keep going down the list for each shipment.

I would show you the bounty of CCI SPP that a friend and I stumbled into but I dont want you to get jealous. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom