I Need A Me Proof Sharpener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dale showed me one he got at Wannamakers. You had two spring loaded rods that you pulled your knife down through vertically to sharpen. The angles stayed the same on both sides. It sounded good and simple. Maybe he will chime in here or PM about it.

I looked at that one at the Wanenmacher but it was about $20 cheaper on Amazon and the reviews were so so. I have the Ken Onion Worksharp and it works well with a little practice. The knife aficionados recommend not using it on quality knives. I'd love to find a quality sharpening system that won't break the bank or learn to do it well on a stone.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practice at keeping the same angle. A wetstone then an Arkansas stone or a diamond stone is quick and easy. Once you get the hang of it you can "feel" the stone when it falls into the previous strokes angle. It just feels smoother than if you are on a different angle.
Practice and steady repetition.
I have an old ceramic stone for sharpening 3 blade broadheads that is about 3" long that has sharpened my knives for going on 20 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom