I need your recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without going into detail, I'll just say that due to very recent events, I need to find an edc taser and pepper spray for my 18yr old daughter's safety and peace of mind.

I need some solid recommendations. I'm looking for reliability and effectiveness. I know nothing about what to look for or what brands are reputable.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought this pepper spray before, but haven't had to use it yet, so I can't really say if it's good or not. I'm sure one of the LEOs will be along to help out with the taser recommendations shortly. They would know better than me.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know much about ltl options but I believe I would go with the items below.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    86.3 KB
  • IMG_2910.png
    IMG_2910.png
    1.5 MB

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be smart-aleck at all... but my wife and girls carry a snub-nose, hammerless, S&W in .38, or .357 loaded with .38. They're not highly trained, but all they have to remember is pull the trigger and keep pulling it. About twice a year I ask 'em "how do you run this?" Answer: (with an eye roll) "pull the trigger". Can be fired through a purse or jacket pocket without fouling/malfunctioning and turning into a single-shot weapon. Won't go out of battery (and therefore not fire) if pressed against bad guy's ribcage or grabbed by bad guy.

Pepper spray is difficult to deploy on an assailant. You might notice most uses are "offensive" on immobile but noncompliant subjects (by LEO), not defensively on assailants. The same with tasers. Additionally, taser effect ceases completely the instant contact is lost.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is that apparantly 18yr olds don't have constitutional rights. Also, she'll be going off to college soon and that's a whole nonpermissive environment.

Maine non-resident permit is available at the age of 18, just sent off for one for my 20 year old daughter. Second, schools and most laws, treat pepperspray and tasers as weapons so shes still getting suspended or expelled or having a hearing if caught. But to directly answer your question, Pom Pepper spray. Sabre is good but the safety constantly gets disengaged so I do not recommend it. Axon tasers are what PD uses, and has some civilian products. I dont really recommend most civilian models, I've seen people use them on themselves/each other for fun, with no effect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom