I think I hold the record on OSA for...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Your the winner! Not a slingshot though. LOL! It was also the .44 mag lever gun I forgot I bought in another thread. The day after we met for the deal, wife and I took off for three months in the RV and I completely forgot about buying it. It's new home was just on the other side of the partition in the middle of the safe making it totally invisible unless the door was completely open. A vehicle is parked next to it so the door typically doesn't open completely. All most a year later, with the vehicle out of the garage, opened the door and spotted the rifle.
Shot it a couple of days later.

Thats pretty cool. Nothing like finding something you forgot about. Now I have to try and remember who I meet in Stillwater that showed up in the slingshot.:anyone:
I recently moved and it’s the first time the safes had been emptied in years. It was like Christmas all over again! I found a lever 44 too. I had to think long and hard about where I got it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently moved and it’s the first time the safes had been emptied in years. It was like Christmas all over again! I found a lever 44 too. I had to think long and hard about where I got it.

Dang those 1st World (well, maybe 2nd World now) problems!!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’d have moved a safe or two and contents to an undisclosed location for free.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever move, I fear the PITA it will be to get my main safe unbolted from the slab floor. It's been secured with anchor bolts, and there isn't any room to speak of to get a grinder on them or a breaker bar. The bolts are in the far corners and there was barely enough room to get the drill in there when bolting it down years ago. Maybe something like a big air chisel would do the job, who knows. I'll probably just try and add extra $$ to the asking price of the house and buy a new safe if I move.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever move, I fear the PITA it will be to get my main safe unbolted from the slab floor. It's been secured with anchor bolts, and there isn't any room to speak of to get a grinder on them or a breaker bar. The bolts are in the far corners and it there was barely enough room to get the drill in there when bolting it down years ago. Maybe something like a big air chisel would do the job, who knows. I'll probably just try and add extra $$ to the asking price of the house and buy a new safe if I move.
I'll be dead before that happens. The poor saps that have to disengage and display the safes at the estate sale are in for a world of ingenuity to get them off the anchors.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever move, I fear the PITA it will be to get my main safe unbolted from the slab floor. It's been secured with anchor bolts, and there isn't any room to speak of to get a grinder on them or a breaker bar. The bolts are in the far corners and it there was barely enough room to get the drill in there when bolting it down years ago. Maybe something like a big air chisel would do the job, who knows. I'll probably just try and add extra $$ to the asking price of the house and buy a new safe if I move.

Extensions and wobble extensions is what I used

if it was that big of a pain, I’d prob just drilled more hole in the floor in an easier to access location.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I ever move, I fear the PITA it will be to get my main safe unbolted from the slab floor. It's been secured with anchor bolts, and there isn't any room to speak of to get a grinder on them or a breaker bar. The bolts are in the far corners and there was barely enough room to get the drill in there when bolting it down years ago. Maybe something like a big air chisel would do the job, who knows. I'll probably just try and add extra $$ to the asking price of the house and buy a new safe if I move.
How did you tighten the bolts originally?

If it can be done, it can usually be undone...
:drunk2:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did you tighten the bolts originally?

If it can be done, it can usually be undone...
:drunk2:
There's was just enough room to get an drill on them to tighten them down in the corners. I used sleeved anchor bolts to secure it to the slab. When those bolts tighten down they flare out and are designed to be permanent.

61XpPtm68SL._SL1500_.jpg

Luckily, I have no immediate plans of moving, so right now it's not an issue for me, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom