1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

I would like to put a face with a name.........

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by SgtMojo67, Mar 5, 2012.

1. randallss7

randallss7 Sharpshooter

too funny, you are still young enough to have fight left in you, I just go out and piddle, by 17 they know way more than you, and you can't even imagine the drama. Then I have two little angles who haven't sprouted there horns yet, thank God.

2. aestus

aestus Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Geez, that seems a bit drastic. Is she taking hour long showers? Most women generally take longer showers, especially if shaving/grooming.

My dad tried something like that and did the whole 5 min military shower thing on me. Cut the hot water on me. I returned the favor on him several times when he showered. Damn near turned into a fist fight. He threatened to install a separate meter in my room for electricity and charge me for water. I stopped showering for weeks and when he complained about my funkiness I argued I wouldn't be able afford his water and would rather be filthy than to hear him complain about me when my showers totaled 7 minutes.

I was spending all my time at the school library to use the schools computers and getting lower grades for hand writing reports, when they were required to be typed or printed. That really annoyed the crap out of him, especially the lower grades. The biggest face palm for my dad was when a concerned school counsellor called my dad regarding my quality of life at home, since I was filthy and was "not allowed" to use electricity or water.

It was about a 2 month ordeal before my dad and I came to an understanding and mutual agreement. He realized that he was being insane about his rules... Especially since I was a Relatively good kid. He also knew that if things kept going the way it was, one of us would probably end up with assault charges. It wasn't worth a lifetime of animosity and hate for something as silly as 10 minute showers or playing video games all day on a Saturday.

3. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You looking at cheap studio apartments by any chance?

4. TheMcs

TheMcs Guest

When I say time limit, I mean about 20 minutes. If I don't, she'll stay in there until the hot water runs out.

I found out last night that all of her friends are scared of me. Pretty funny since I'm overly nice to all of them. Guess there's not too many strict parents out there any more.

5. randallss7

randallss7 Sharpshooter

My 17 year old, her showers run until hot water is gone also, and with our hot water heater that's 45 minutes maybe longer, then she uses 3 clean towels, one to stand on, one to dry with and one to wrap around her head, and if you ask her to do any laundry the drama starts, its hard to do anything with an I-Phone glued to one hand at all times...lol.. But I guess actually that's my fault for spoiling her, even thou if you ask her she will disagree.

6. Super Dave

Super Dave Sharpshooter

My dad and step-mom had one bathroom when I was 16. I was a bit of a shower hog too. I would get clean right away, then space out in the hot, hot water... until my dad would sneak in and dump 2 gallons of ice water over the curtain. I have never had to do that to my teenage son, but then he knows the story, and how badly I want todo that.

Try the ice water. The screaming can be heard from 6 miles. I think my dad had a great time doing it. He was always smiling when I came out.

7. X Army MP

X Army MP Guest

This is me

.facebook_-2136763104.jpg

.facebook_173289550.jpg

I have TBI, PTSD, and no regrets.

8. RaysZ71

RaysZ71 Sharpshooter

9. piston10

piston10 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I wondered the same thing!

10. 870WingBlaster

870WingBlaster Sharpshooter

Was the picture taken in your grandma's bathroom?