Idiot Mark!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put my first idiot mark on my SA 1911 today! Oh the humanity!
Olyeller even showed me several months ago how to avoid them.
Funny thing is as I was putting the slide stop back on I was thinking to myself, "now Mike mentioned something about this" and whoops there it went! Half circle on the slide.
Maybe I can make it better with some Flitz (stainless).
Mike I may need another lesson!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I have a Springfield Loaded, never a mark on it, shot it several times. I let my son borrow it, and being a good son, cleaned it before returning it. Sure enough, idiot mark....:crying:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing is as I was putting the slide stop back on I was thinking to myself, "now Mike mentioned something about this" and whoops there it went! Half circle on the slide.

You think that's bad, I did one all the way up the slide of my EMP - the slide-stop fit was atrocious and it was like setting a bear-trap every time I tried to re-insert it without a cheater. I ended up taking it in to OPS to have Mike fit the slide-stop to the frame better and I took the slide to OlYeller to have him bead-blast my stupid-mark off of the slide.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't sweat it Jason. My little fella has a light one or two. It just means it's been used. I haven't seen a 1911 that doesn't have one and wasn't in a display case. Plus, it's stainless. It could be gone in a jiffy.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

just tell people that Mark was from a wild wild west gun fight, mark of battle. again

Latest posts

Top Bottom