If money was no issue where would you retire to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scramp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Florida prices are thru the roof with insurance just behind it. We live on the coastal NC/SC border. Wind and hail is our biggest cost. When you go out to the beaches, you can tell what area have been subjected to hurricanes, there aren’t any trees. Hilton Head SC is beautiful with all these old magnificent live oak trees. If they catch a hurricane, it will be treeless. I’ll leave the house survival,to your imagination.

we have neighbors that retired to Portugal and hated it. Rent before you buy would have saved them a lot of money.

unfortunately, every place has its downside. You just have to figure out what it is and decide if you can live with it.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What my dream retirement would look like.

Attachments

• sailing.jpg
    sailing.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you said money is no object, I'd kick everyone out of commiefornia then build a wall along state lines with phalanx weapon systems strategically placed along wall and coastline motion activated for anyone or anything not wearing the 'no kill' transponder. Plus a lifetime supply of sunscreen for the ol' twig and berries when hanging out on the beach in the birthday suit. Now try getting that mental image out of yer heads! :rollingla
mCJkHm7o6vSoAKcLY7.gif

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No wrong answers.

Today I’m wishing I would have chosen here.
View attachment 445592
SWMBO wants to live on Destin Island, in Florida. She'd settle for Viequies Island in Puerto Rico. I could settle for 5 or 10 acres with a pond or stream, and a big workshop. Smallish house would be good, too. Here or one of the places... I'd have to hit the jackpot pretty hard to get a place like that at Destin though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom