If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that you are fighting for our rights right now. That is great. I am too. I know it sounds like I want to fight and that I am quick to do it. It's in my nature I guess. But if the government gets to the point where they take our guns the fight is on. The war is on. Because at that point what else could you do without fighting with force? If we fail to stop any new legislation we will never be able to stop an out right takeover. Unless we use force. That is my point of being ready for a war. I hope it NEVER happens but I have a bad feeling that it will. So better to be prepared rather be caught with your pants down. I would love to talk to you at the rally. And all you other fellow OSA'ers. We ought to have name tags that show out usernames and also our real names. And put OSA on it. That would help is recognize each other.

Dude, there are too many hearts ablaze for any gun control legislation to pass, SO LONG AS we direct that energy the right way. I said in an earlier post that we should find a way to get every shooting/firearms entity we can to band together and all shout as one "You will not take my rights!". Look at how worked up the posters in this thread are. I believe we can do this. I believe that this can be stopped in its tracks.

Think about the aftermath of a war like that. If Our side won, there'd be a hell of a cleanup and a lot of restructuring and all of that would take place while simultaneously being worried about someone trying to take advantage of us in our weakened state. The more terrifying prospect, to me, is what if THEY won? 2A wouldn't be the only thing gone and they'd use that as an excuse to turn this country into a police state. I highly doubt, whatever the outcome, that this country would be the awesome place that so many have laid down their lives for. I think NOW is the time for action and that action needs to be prevention to preserve this nation.

EDIT: I keep forgetting stuff. My mind isn't made up yet. I'm going to one of the things going on on the 19th. I haven't decided if it'll be USSA in Tulsa or the Capitol here. I'm leaning towards the 2nd option because it's closer. But i have been craving a road trip and Tulsa has Lenny's sub shop. I'll post which one I go to. If we both end up at the capitol, I'm a fat, nerdy lookin' dude with glasses. The Dennis Nedry avvy isn't far off, lol.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inaccurate. re-read my posts. I said I would hand over my guns. I said I would leave this country. I also said I'm already fighting. I'm already doing something about it. I also said that this is not the time nor place for violence, IMO. It shouldn't devolve to war that quickly. I would be better able to continue activism with the freedom to move about without worry of travel restrictions, curfews or other crackdowns. I said in several posts that, should they try to harm me with violence, fight's on.

How are you going to "fight" when you have already handed over your guns? Not being a dick, just generally curious.

I appreciate that you are fighting for our rights right now. That is great. I am too. I know it sounds like I want to fight and that I am quick to do it. It's in my nature I guess. But if the government gets to the point where they take our guns the fight is on. The war is on. Because at that point what else could you do without fighting with force? If we fail to stop any new legislation we will never be able to stop an out right takeover. Unless we use force. That is my point of being ready for a war. I hope it NEVER happens but I have a bad feeling that it will. So better to be prepared rather be caught with your pants down. I would love to talk to you at the rally. And all you other fellow OSA'ers. We ought to have name tags that show out usernames and also our real names. And put OSA on it. That would help is recognize each other.

This is a great idea. I think I will do that. Of course my real name is Jake, so it's not too hard. lol

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are you going to "fight" when you have already handed over your guns? Not being a dick, just generally curious.

Some things are best not said on a forum.

This is a great idea. I think I will do that. Of course my real name is Jake, so it's not too hard. lol

Mine isn't any more difficult, heh.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like all these people that say they are gonna LEAVE the country. Not a single one of them has any idea of just how difficult that is. Try moving to Canada and taking your arsenal with ya. Or Australia. Or the guy that wants to move to the Czech Republic. That was laughable. These people have no clue how hard it is to immigrate to a country where you'd actually have a chance at being successful. Geez, you can get in line with the thousands of Filipino's and Mexican's that are trying to do the same thing.

cstran00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being the lazy guy I am and not doing my own research, how have other countries unarmed their citizens (i.e. force, asking nicely)? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what it would cost for a country (thats national debt is already amazingly stupid) to enforce any actions. If you have purchased a firearm in the last few weeks, I think you would agree that the A.T.F. is already way understaffed. Even if I have purchased firearms in the past would not give anyone the probable cause to search my person or property. Unless they come and try to search my property by force I will just tell them what the anti's what they want to hear. "I sold all my guns at a gun show to some guy in camo".

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Australia only 7% of its population were gun owners. It was easy to run over the gun owners and take away their arms. Since this happened, sexual assaults are up 20% and normal assaults are up 44%. In a country with only 7% ownership as a deterrent no less. Just imagine the rate of crime in a country with roughly 50% ownership if the guns are taken away.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being the lazy guy I am and not doing my own research, how have other countries unarmed their citizens (i.e. force, asking nicely)? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what it would cost for a country (thats national debt is already amazingly stupid) to enforce any actions. If you have purchased a firearm in the last few weeks, I think you would agree that the A.T.F. is already way understaffed. Even if I have purchased firearms in the past would not give anyone the probable cause to search my person or property. Unless they come and try to search my property by force I will just tell them what the anti's what they want to hear. "I sold all my guns at a gun show to some guy in camo".

They made them illegal to own and told their citizens to turn them in. Having one after the grace period would make you a felon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom