If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much maintenance are our roads going to have now?

Every fricking place I drive now has traffic cones up, making me detour everywhere. Where did this money come from?

The same place it came from when they didn't fix the roads and patched them with that ****** asphalt when the the state was rolling in the dough. I'm glad people get to keep their money instead of getting pumped at the pump.

I'm saving a bunch a month in my business and work hasn't slowed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same place it came from when they didn't fix the roads and patched them with that ****** asphalt when the the state was rolling in the dough. I'm glad people get to keep their money instead of getting pumped at the pump.

I'm saving a bunch a month in my business and work hasn't slowed.

That money is in the pipe that our seeing now
The new funds are drying up. Welcome to your new roads.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our roads have sucked ever since I've started driving. I'll take the savings and put ball joints, tie rods, and shocks on cars myself as always. Get an alignment with every set of tires. It hasn't changed since the Chesapeake complex nor the Devon tower. Drive north into Kansas or accross the Red, you know when you leave okie land.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
because I am "them". Quit Halliburton in '14, got hired back as a consultant shortly after then laid off as soon as it started slowing down. Havnt worked in over a year, no unemployment, just loving the time with my kiddos.

Every single person on those rigs made great money. I know dozens of guys without a high school diploma making $75k+ per year for YEARS.

They make enough money to put some back for times like this...and they ALL knew it was coming for some time. They chose to buy $50k fancy pants duramax pickups and build brand new $250k homes and are now all over social media crying about it. Well call me cold but boodee hoo hoo.

Just hope a lesson is learned for those having self created hard times.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like oil to level out already. You've got folks on here wanting it to tank and I'm here hoping my job is still there tomorrow. I've been planning and saving for retirement but that's in 40 years, not this year or next year. The state economy is poor, lots of people are now unemployed and relying on the state for assistance, and a lot of people are just waiting to see how long this mess will continue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our roads have sucked ever since I've started driving. I'll take the savings and put ball joints, tie rods, and shocks on cars myself as always. Get an alignment with every set of tires. It hasn't changed since the Chesapeake complex nor the Devon tower. Drive north into Kansas or accross the Red, you know when you leave okie land.

That is a whole new thread that has been dealt with in many threads in the past.

Its not going to get any better with lower oil prices.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like oil to level out already. You've got folks on here wanting it to tank and I'm here hoping my job is still there tomorrow. I've been planning and saving for retirement but that's in 40 years, not this year or next year. The state economy is poor, lots of people are now unemployed and relying on the state for assistance, and a lot of people are just waiting to see how long this mess will continue.

My wife is in the top .01 percent of seniority in a company that has 20,000+ employees. She is concerned if her job will last one more day.....every day. That's how insecure the oil patch is now.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is in the top .01 percent of seniority in a company that has 20,000+ employees. She is concerned if her job will last one more day.....every day. That's how insecure the oil patch is now.

Mine too. If it wasnt for her church and wine she would be a wreck but shes being pretty cool. I wonder every day she comes home if its her last, not from a layoff but from quitting because she cant take the pressure any more. And shes been there over 30 years. Shes in a position where if she left they would be totally F'd but some days she just doesnt want to even go in. She usually has many contracts waiting for her to go over on her desk and last week she only talked about one, their biggest customer- BP, but its still only one refinery buying new gear. I remember when she worked at home at night trying to get all of her work done for the next day. Meanwhile her brother is a jet engine consultant and he's been flying all over the world looking at engines and is busy as hell making bank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom