If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed my point. The bust in the early '80s was a veritable economic sh!tstorm in this state(*), and it didn't do a damned thing about this state's economy being dependent on petroleum, aside from shifting the emphasis from crude to natural gas and shifting a bunch of oil company HQs from Oklahoma to Texas. If that kind of seismic event didn't do anything, why would you expect this relatively minor downturn to effect any change?

(*)Or am I the only one who remembers "will the last person leaving Oklahoma please turn out the lights?" and "I bank at FDIC--new branches opening daily!"
Ugh, the state of OK paid nearly a billion dollars in tax credits last year in the name of quality jobs and diversification.
There's talk that maybe some of those tax credits will be revoked, cause they're a scam, but we'll see.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The fossil fool industry in Derplahoma should just replace all their workers with a cheaper illegal alien workforce misclassified as independent contractors, that seems to be the prescription for prosperity in other industries. Besides, I hear they work harder and are more reliable[sarcasm/off].

Last edited:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of people have no sympathy for someone losing their job!?! Ain't nobody gettin' rich off $75K. I don't care how much of it you put away, you still can't afford to lose your job. I guess some of you are independently wealthy, or think you're indispensable.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of people have no sympathy for someone losing their job!?! Ain't nobody gettin' rich off $75K. I don't care how much of it you put away, you still can't afford to lose your job. I guess some of you are independently wealthy, or think you're indispensable.

Wow.... I'm just not even gonna... lol.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Ain't nobody gettin' rich off $75K.

Median household income in OK is $45,339. Per capita income is $24,208.

Now are you really that surprised that there isn't a high level of sympathy for someone making nearly double the median household income and over three times the per capita income losing their jobs and no longer being able to afford the lifestyle they had become accustomed to, here?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now are you really that surprised that there isn't a high level of sympathy for someone making nearly double the median household income and over three times the per capita income losing their jobs and no longer being able to afford the lifestyle they had become accustomed to, here?

They deserve sympathy. How can you say they don't? They're used to having brand new cars, fancy houses, looking successful on Facebook and the importance those things afford a person.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I see your in favor of sanders? Communism demands all people are reliant on the state. Everything is owned by the state. No body makes more than anybody else no matter how much work they do.

Your comfortable with this? How has your theory worked out in history?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, yes I am. Sounds like a mean case of sour grapes and a complete lack of empathy. Some of these people have families and may be losing a lot more than a "lifestyle". Jobs aren't exactly growing on trees these days...despite what Obama tells you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom