If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, people don't grasp how far oil prices reach or the overall economic impact an oil bust can have.

Hate the reality all you want, but we need a MUCH more diverse economy than we have before an oil bust can be called a "good thing". Unless you're an *******. And by we I mean the U.S. and Canada. And Oklahoma.

I don't feel bad for broke rig trash with diesel debt either, but that's completely seperate from the fact that we live in a state in a country on a continent where the modern economy grew side by side with the oil industry coupled with the fact non-petroleum related manfacturing jobs have went bye bye. Broke rednecks are not the picture of the econic impact.

But hey, the poorest of the minimum-wage poor people OSA loves to hate have a couple extra bucks for cigarettes while the layoffs come down the pipe for the "hard workers" we love to praise.

I swear I think most people here hate anyone that's not exactly like them. And every form of dialouge that's not oversimplification.

Don't always agree with you, but you're spot on.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It ain't the 80's anymore. Maybe it's time to smarten up, instead of repeating the same mistakes of the past. Letting the Green Rush pass us by will be one of the biggest mistakes Okies ever make.

Quit spouting the libtardishness already. If you'll take a road trip you'll find that there are those eyesore bird killing windmills that blanket the entire western half of the state. They run from Lawton all the way to the Kansas line, there's literally thousands of them.

Oh and when you get your wish and the oil production goes away more than it already has? Yea, the price will go right back up, and don't be looking for any sympathy for your fuel, utility and food costs either.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Quit spouting the libtardishness already. If you'll take a road trip you'll find that there are those eyesore bird killing windmills that blanket the entire western half of the state. They run from Lawton all the way to the Kansas line, there's literally thousands of them.

Oh and when you get your wish and the oil production goes away more than it already has? Yea, the price will go right back up, and don't be looking for any sympathy for your fuel, utility and food costs either.

Wrong Green Rush. Nice try, though. Fossil fool.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I thought he was talking about the pot. Smoking the green.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, people don't grasp how far oil prices reach or the overall economic impact an oil bust can have.

Hate the reality all you want, but we need a MUCH more diverse economy than we have before an oil bust can be called a "good thing". Unless you're an *******. And by we I mean the U.S. and Canada. And Oklahoma.

I don't feel bad for broke rig trash with diesel debt either, but that's completely seperate from the fact that we live in a state in a country on a continent where the modern economy grew side by side with the oil industry coupled with the fact non-petroleum related manfacturing jobs have went bye bye. Broke rednecks are not the picture of the econic impact.

But hey, the poorest of the minimum-wage poor people OSA loves to hate have a couple extra bucks for cigarettes while the layoffs come down the pipe for the "hard workers" we love to praise.

I swear I think most people here hate anyone that's not exactly like them. And every form of dialouge that's not oversimplification.

Pretty much spot on.
I'm amazed at how many people living in a state that depends a lot on oil revenues to support the infrastructure. If it wasn't oil and gas, what would we use?

They also don't understand that OPEC still rules the world market and eventually the economy of most countries around the world. OPEC is what caused this by design to screw the shale operation in the U.S..
Shale is expensive to produce. OPEC said screw $100 a barrel, lets open up the tap and stop that crap, and that is exactly what they did.

I'm also disappointed in hearing folks on this forum saying they are glad that somebody lost their job. Never thought I'd hear that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ain't the 80's anymore.
You missed my point. The bust in the early '80s was a veritable economic sh!tstorm in this state(*), and it didn't do a damned thing about this state's economy being dependent on petroleum, aside from shifting the emphasis from crude to natural gas and shifting a bunch of oil company HQs from Oklahoma to Texas. If that kind of seismic event didn't do anything, why would you expect this relatively minor downturn to effect any change?

(*)Or am I the only one who remembers "will the last person leaving Oklahoma please turn out the lights?" and "I bank at FDIC--new branches opening daily!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom