If you don't vote, don't complain...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
let's just add the question why men get to vote on what a woman does with her body”

This is a common claim by liberals. No one is telling a woman what to do with her body. If she wants a tattoo or gall bladder removal-for example , that’s her body. Nobody cares.
Being pregnant involves 2 bodies. The mom & the child. A woman’s body cannot have 2 different DNA’s, or a penis, for example. So, medically, it’s not just her body
If the government doesn't allow abortions and the woman was raped, how is that NOT just her body? The child is an unfortunate outcome of a heinous act and obviously doesn't have a say. I understand this isn't a cut/dry question but many feel it is.

Being in the medical profession, if a woman was raped and now her life is in danger due to the baby(for one reason or another), she's not allowed a say in what's inside HER body because it's now 2 bodies with one that can't live without the other?

Oh, and I'm far from liberal when it comes to politics.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I guess getting a good dose of how far right some on OSA tend to be. Saying that a woman isn't capable of doing a man's job like president and should stay at home to keep the family together is a bunch of testosterone infused BS! Honestly without words on that comment. I don't disagree that Kamala shouldn't be leading our country but to say that ALL WOMEN aren't capable is just wrong. You probably won't allow your significant other on top either just to show her where her place is. :)

Another comment about can't be a Democrat and a Christian is an unbelievable tale. This goes back to not voting for someone unless you are 100% aligned on EVERY SINGLE TOPIC. Gotta take some of the good with the bad as you aren't EVER going to get everything in life that YOU want. Get used to it!

Since the can of worms is open and the bashing will begin soon, let's just add the question why men get to vote on what a woman does with her body? Because of the Bible? Democracy? I get it if the father is in a relationship with the expectant mother they should have a say. In cases of rape and incest, the woman should be able to make her own decision and not have to follow that of what our government feels is best.

INCOMING!!! RPG!!!
Oh my Lord. You know you'll suffer eternal damnation for advocating for killing unborn babies, don't you?
Numbers 5:11-31 explains quite clearly God's concern for the unborn. I suggest you read it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to the 2nd verse and it doesn't pertain to the example I provided. Stay on topic there Teddy.
‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him'. Getting raped or incest has zip/nada/nothing to do with her going astray and being unfaithful. SMH.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the government doesn't allow abortions and the woman was raped, how is that NOT just her body? The child is an unfortunate outcome of a heinous act and obviously doesn't have a say. I understand this isn't a cut/dry question but many feel it is.

Being in the medical profession, if a woman was raped and now her life is in danger due to the baby(for one reason or another), she's not allowed a say in what's inside HER body because it's now 2 bodies with one that can't live without the other?

Oh, and I'm far from liberal when it comes to politics.
If the mother’s life is in danger because of a pregnancy, then the non-viable baby has to be taken because it’s medically necessary and before viability. So the baby is gonna die anyway from the medical emergency. Late term medical emergencies are done by c-section or natural birth.

Medical emergency pre viability, medical abortion is the medical indication. That’s always been legal. Emergency post viability, c-section (or natural birth) is medically indicated. Partial birth abortion is not medically indicated for anything. ( it’s used for elective abortions because they want the baby born dead).

Medical abortions are a different topic than an elective abortion. I’m only talking about elective abortions, not medical ones. In OK elective abortions are illegal but medical abortions are still legal.

Last edited:

TwoShoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to the 2nd verse and it doesn't pertain to the example I provided. Stay on topic there Teddy.
‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him'. Getting raped or incest has zip/nada/nothing to do with her going astray and being unfaithful. SMH.
The end result is the same. If she's raped there are immediate remedies for that which don't involve killing a baby. Implantation isn't immediate.
If she waited to get the remedy and it's no longer possible, well she made that choice already. Live with consequences.

If it's incest, it's a baby. If her life is in danger which is less than 0.001% today, that's just the breaks. Maybe she'll be OK. Maybe she won't. The baby didn't attack her and isn't guilty enough for the death penalty.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my Lord. You know you'll suffer eternal damnation for advocating for killing unborn babies, don't you?
Numbers 5:11-31 explains quite clearly God's concern for the unborn. I suggest you read it.
What ways are Republicans supporting the overall reduction in abortion outside of making it illegal? Any social programs? Are they advocating for the orphan, alien and widow?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still say that if the roles were reversed your answer would change. Easy for a man to preach on something they will never experience.

I will also say that I appreciate a good debate whether I end up thinking I'm wrong as the other side will likely open some eyes to their opinion.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ways are Republicans supporting the overall reduction in abortion outside of making it illegal? Any social programs? Are they advocating for the orphan, alien and widow?
Another common complaint pro choice liberals like to make “ Repubs don’t care about babies after they are born, only care abortion , then don’t want to support the babies”.

I never understood this argument. Elective abortion is bad because it kills human life. That’s it. Same argument was used about slavery. People want to free the slaves, but who’s gonna take care of them? Well, slavery is bad, so it should be illegal. That’s it.

Anyway, there are lots of examples of this argument being false, like supporting adoption. Or this recent Repub legislation:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really close the abortion issue in real life, but here's my 2 cents.

For the pro-choice crowd complaining about the current situation where it's left up to the states, why don't they come up with a program to pay for transportation to a state where it's legal, housing, and medical costs for women who need an abortion? Seem like Planned Parenthood could afford that.

I also wonder about the 13 year old girl who gets raped by uncle joe, who maybe doesn't understand the biology, doesn't realize she's pregnant, I'm not sure where that road leads.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't sweat it Russ. I'm on topic. Read the whole thing. According to The Holy Bible, the abortion is induced and this is God's law.

Matters not the cause be infidelity, rape, incest etc....it's Biblically-sanctioned abortion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom