If you like your m855, you can keep your m855

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article presents a concern for those that have M855 in states with laws regarding armor piercing ammunition. Anyone familiar with the Oklahoma law and how M855 owners would be affected?

http://modernrifleman.net/2015/02/16/modern-riflemans-comments-on-atf-framework-proposal-m855-ban/

...Arguably the most disturbing part of the proposal is ATF’s dedication to implementing the new rule and associated disregard for the state-level ramifications of such a ruling. At this time, as many as twelve states (Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas) explicitly forbid the possession of armor piercing ammunition. In several of these, possession constitutes a felony. Simply put, the proposal would instantly turn thousands of peaceable gun owners into felons simply because ATF chose to arbitrarily reclassify one of the most popular 5.56mm cartridges on the market. The consequences of such an action could be quite severe, but at minimum, thousands of gun owners will have sufficient standing to bring the agency to court....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NRA update: NRA has convinced Rep Goodlatte of Virginia to write a letter to the BATFE Director, write your reps now and urge them to sign onto that letter...

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how ignorant the uninformed can be. Now that it's all over the new's you would think all 223/5.56 is banned and the guns are following quickly. Lemmings!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got replies back from Bridenstein and Lankford yesterday, both pro 2A, but completely generic. Has anyone received a response back that actually addressed the ATF?

Generic 2A email from Lankford, coincidentally the same day got a mass snail mailing from him asking for money. Dick.

Nothing from Cole or Inhofe.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generic 2A email from Lankford, coincidentally the same day got a mass snail mailing from him asking for money. Dick.

Nothing from Cole or Inhofe.

Same here.

I'm sure we all got the same response from Lankford. Probably will from the others too. It pissed me off enough that I almost replied back again to chastise him for sending a response that didn't even mention the issue raised. Seems a waist of his staff's time and would probably be on our part to reply and ask about the ATF. If I get bored enough I still might tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom