If you want to know what's wrong with the GOP....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course the real problem with the republican party is that it is being run by the minority, big government republicans who have a lot more in common with Slick Willie than your average republican voter.

If that's the case, then why aren't candidates elected who reflect your average Republican voter?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that's the case, then why aren't candidates elected who reflect your average Republican voter?

Because the party fights against those candidates. That is why many of us give to the candidates but not to the party.

I will have to see if I bookmarked it but there was a story on this not long after the election and how the party elite was tired of Republican voters not getting behind their picks except in a lesser of two evils half-hearted way. They are planning to try harder to block the people's picks so that the people have to support their candidates.

EDIT: Not the piece I was looking for but it does talk some about the problem.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ican_establishment_declares_war_on_gop_voters

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are planning to try harder to block the people's picks so that the people have to support their candidates.

They've already been doing that. And it's backfiring on them. Conservatives rejected Romney for a multitude of reasons. They have spoken. They just won't vote.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, not voting. There's a recipe for getting your country back.

That's what you get when you nominate candidates that don't energize the base and spend all their time trying to please some mythical swing voter. Had they just gone after the base and managed to match McCain (who wasn't that great at energizing the base either) then the republicans would have won. But they spent their time undercutting the most conservative candidates and distancing themselves from conservative voters.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, not voting. There's a recipe for getting your country back.

Because having two candidates that have so much in common they should be on the same ticket means any kind of change from the status quo. So yes, if the candidates have no discernible difference, not voting is a more effective way to voice your displeasure with the status quo and influence a change in mindset.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be nice if folks in D.C. were loyal to the Constitution first, their state second, and their branch of government third. Things would be a lot easier to swallow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom