If you want to know what's wrong with the GOP....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be nice if folks in D.C. were loyal to the Constitution first, their state second, and their branch of government third. Things would be a lot easier to swallow.

That'd be great. But when was the last time that happened? Both parties are slaves to their respective extremists.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually if you look, the GOP is more a slave to it's moderate or left wing leadership.

Exactly. The Washington insiders are running the show and doing everything they can to suppress their conservative base. Trying to paint the party as being run by the far right is just one of those rumors the media likes to spread.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh man this thread has me laughing. Whats wrong with the GOP? You guys kill me.

When will you GOP diehards understand that FOX NEWS is entertainment NEWS COMMENTARY.
RUSH LIMBAUGH is ENTERTAINMENT.

The GOP has let "conservative" media frame what being a conservative means. Except for a very few, the "majority" of conservatives go with the ideals spewed by a couple of media moguls. They duped the wanna be Republicans into being their brand of rhetoric spewing conservatives.

The problem of the GOP is one of leadership. Knowbody is steering the ship. Colin Powell is a Conservative Republican, Chris Christie is a Conservative Republican, The SCJOTUS is a Conservative Republican.

Understand that being Conservative and being a Republican are 2 very different things. Romney was a Republican, NOT Conservative. Paul Ryan is a far right, fiscal, conservative, semi radical Republican.

The GOP needs to define what they stand for and quit letting radicals and media seeker types, define what the GOP stands for.

Look no further than Marco Rubio, Chris Christie and Colin Powell. Any of these guys would lead the GOP in the right direction, because they are true political conservatives.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When will you GOP diehards understand that FOX NEWS is entertainment NEWS COMMENTARY.

The GOP has let "conservative" media frame what being a conservative means. Except for a very few, the "majority" of conservatives go with the ideals spewed by a couple of media moguls. They duped the wanna be Republicans into being their brand of rhetoric spewing conservatives.

The problem of the GOP is one of leadership. Knowbody is steering the ship. Colin Powell is a Conservative Republican, Chris Christie is a Conservative Republican, The SCJOTUS is a Conservative Republican.

Understand that being Conservative and being a Republican are 2 very different things. Romney was a Republican, NOT Conservative. Paul Ryan is a far right, fiscal, conservative, semi radical Republican.

The GOP needs to define what they stand for and quit letting radicals and media seeker types, define what the GOP stands for.

Look no further than Marco Rubio, Chris Christie and Colin Powell. Any of these guys would lead the GOP in the right direction, because they are true political conservatives.

I can see that you have fallen for the MSM spin or left wing entertainment NEWS COMMENTARY. Powell and Christie and not strong conservatives and I am beginning to have doubts about Rubio since he is one of the gang of 8.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Need to lay off the MSNBC

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can see that you have fallen for the MSM spin or left wing entertainment NEWS COMMENTARY. Powell and Christie and not strong conservatives and I am beginning to have doubts about Rubio since he is one of the gang of 8.

So they are "conservatives", just not "strong" conservatives? I see this as the problem with the idea of being conservative. You either meet the criteria or you dont. The "strong" conservatives cannot get elected, due to the uncompromising, extremesist, radical nature of the far right on social issues.

The "regular" old conservatives, cant get elected due to the minority of the GOP labeling them as not being "strong" type conservatives. This "split" is why Dems dont have this problem in their party.

Next election will bear this out. Either the GOP will nominate a conservative and win or they'll trot out some far right nut or RINO and lose. The Dems will stick with whats worked for them, a liberal with a social agenda.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GOP needs to grow some balls .... The *****-footing around trying to be politically correct and not offend anybody is going nowhere.

I think it's the opposite. The GOP has some big mouthed ego maniacs who can't see past their own religious beliefs and have alienated important groups for GOP success. This last election demonstrates that fact.

"Binders of women and rape babies" just piss off women. Even the ones you see at praise and worship services.

Latest posts

Top Bottom