If you want to know what's wrong with the GOP....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because having two candidates that have so much in common they should be on the same ticket means any kind of change from the status quo. So yes, if the candidates have no discernible difference, not voting is a more effective way to voice your displeasure with the status quo and influence a change in mindset.

The political class doesn't know that you didn't vote in protest, or that you didn't vote from apathy.
Not voting sends ZERO information to the people you didn't vote for.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The political class doesn't know that you didn't vote in protest, or that you didn't vote from apathy.

Exactly!!! If you do not vote they tend to think you are happy with things as they are. Heck if people are not screaming at them they think everyone loves them. Better to do almost anything else then not vote. Write in a name even if it gets your vote thrown out, vote for the least offensive, etc, but always vote.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly!!! If you do not vote they tend to think you are happy with things as they are. Heck if people are not screaming at them they think everyone loves them. Better to do almost anything else then not vote. Write in a name even if it gets your vote thrown out, vote for the least offensive, etc, but always vote.
Rick, I feel like you and I should step into a boxing ring. We should weave and wobble around and throw harmless punches at each other.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Absolutely untrue. The RNC is well aware of the boycott in the last election. They know they have displeased their conservative base. Whether they have the brains to act on that information remains to be seen. My guess is that they do not.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh I voted in the primary alright. Also in the general but I couldn't in good conscience check the box for either one of the idiots at the top of the ticket.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely untrue. The RNC is well aware of the boycott in the last election. They know they have displeased their conservative base. Whether they have the brains to act on that information remains to be seen. My guess is that they do not.

Their reaction will be to move further to the left to try to win over more of those 'swing' voters.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Their reaction will be to move further to the left to try to win over more of those 'swing' voters.

Well, in the words of posters on a political forum I visit, "The Republican Party is dead."

Seriously, what good does it do anybody for us to continually put forth RINOs? Do we vote upon the basis of a single issue? If so, didn't I read that Romney violated the 2nd Amendment rights of his constituents when he was in MA? Just because a guy has the big 'R' behind his name doesn't make him a friend of conservatives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom