I'm going to tell you a story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were looking for less contamination . I know some on here are pro big chemicals. They know about acidity strength and had 20% vinegar.
This was just to inform some that not all salt is actually salt.
I’m actually not pro chemical, but when I decide to kill vegetation, I don’t want to have to try multiple home remedies to maybe find one that will work.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m actually not pro chemical, but when I decide to kill vegetation, I don’t want to have to try multiple home remedies to maybe find one that will work.
I understand. We don't spray much around here. I keep Honey bees and leave a lot of unwanted plants in my pastures. People that get my honey are going to get pollen and nectar from plants that are known allergens. It will provide the most natural way to build up immunity in low doses. Several people have told me they have quit taking over the counter medicine since getting my honey.

My honey is as natural as it gets. It's normally darker than you see in stores.
IMG_20240714_140917080_HDR.jpg

Unfortunately this year was not as productive.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand. We don't spray much around here. I keep Honey bees and leave a lot of unwanted plants in my pastures. People that get my honey are going to get pollen and nectar from plants that are known allergens. It will provide the most natural way to build up immunity in low doses. Several people have told me they have quit taking over the counter medicine since getting my honey.

My honey is as natural as it gets. It's normally darker than you see in stores.View attachment 494231
Unfortunately this year was not as productive.
I’ve taken a tablespoon of local honey in my first cup of coffee for several years, and my reaction to yearly allergens has been greatly reduced. Over the counter allergy medication never really worked for me, and the few times I tried it made me feel like crap.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If y’all want something that actually works, RM43 total vegetation control from Tractor Supply will kill the chit out of whatever it’s sprayed on.
And lasts for a year.
We use rock salt in our asparagus beds. That veggie came from coastal swamps with salty soils.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If y’all want something that actually works, RM43 total vegetation control from Tractor Supply will kill the chit out of whatever it’s sprayed on.

About this. I see the RM43 at Atwoods when I go look for the glyphosate I normally use. Question for ya. I mow my plots really low about early August. Let the weeds and other crap start to grow back up until about early Sept then spray glyphosate on them. Ideally, let it kill off everything for 10 days to two weeks. Then on one weekend will rototill with my tractor, drag it and reseed with what I want to plant that year for the deer food plot. If I were to use the RM43 would it last too long and also kill off the food plot seed I plant or would I be OK like when using the glyphosate? Last food plot prep season I got behind and rototilled about a week after applying the glyphosate and the food plots grew like crazy so the so the herbicide didn't affect the new seed I put down. Same with RM43 or does it last in the soil much longer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom