Immigration Reform Looming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh really?
Jeb Bush: Romney, GOP need to fix “insulting” tone to Latinos

I guess it would help if AZ stopped passing laws that authorize the police to stop someone and ask for their papers just because of their ethnicity.

What race are most illegals in this country? If you are in a border state and someone is latino and does not know any english I would think its fair to assume they might be illegal. If Canadians broke into our country from up north I would say the same about finding someone who fit whatever profile Canadians fit like if quebec people dont know any english ( dont know if they do or not)

The thing that gets me is is it appears most latinos ( if you are latino feel free to chime in) seem to think if you support the rule of law and think someone should not be able to break into the country and stay just because they "want a better life" that you are anti-latino.

If you dont like robbers, rapists or murders you are anti-criminal. I fail to see anythin wrong with being anti-illegal invader.

Legal immigrants should be the ones complaining the most as they did it the right way.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What race are most illegals in this country? If you are in a border state and someone is latino and does not know any english I would think its fair to assume they might be illegal. If Canadians broke into our country from up north I would say the same about finding someone who fit whatever profile Canadians fit like if quebec people dont know any english ( dont know if they do or not)
And if you were a 2nd generation legal citizen who was stopped repeatedly and asked for your papers you might feel differently.

I thought we were opposed to violating innocent people's civil rights in order to catch lawbreakers, cept if they have brown skin of course.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you and many do. its funny you are trying to run from a true comment. That is part of the problem with america is many are so politically incorrect.

First thing- son, is I don't run from &$%%. And I didn't say they were ruining the country, you somehow got that out of what I posted. My point is, you can't blame the individual immigrant, legal, or no, for trying to come to the Greatest Country on Earth. If you were not fortunate enough to be born here, you'd probably be eyeballing our border as well. I know I would.

If immigrants do not assimlilate, learn English, accept and cherish the values that have been established here, then our country will no doubt soon resemble the areas that many of these folks fled.

As for your comments about the fast food places with bulletproof glass - look what neighborhoods they are in. Mostly areas of longtime US residents that are rife with crime, gangs, etc...mentality is "we got it so bad here..."
So who works at these places? Who opens the convenience store that is inevitably targeted for robbery? Who works for cash, mowing, or roofing or hanging sheetrock all day, only to be targeted by U.S. thugs, who choose their victims by race, because they know they're more likely not to report the crime?

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hispanic immigrants, legal or not, are natural GOP constituents.

They are overwhelmingly conservative Catholics opposed to abortion and same sex marriage.

Yet, Republicans pass up no opportunity to insult them at every turn.:screwy:

Blacks are natural GOP constituents. They are overwhelmingly conservative protestants opposed to abortion and same sex marriage.

Democrats never pass up an opportunity to insult blacks who stray from the plantation. Republicans freed the slaves, passed the first civil rights bills which were repealed by democrats, and supported the current civil rights legislation in higher percentages than democrats. The whole democrat party platform based on blacks being somehow inferior to other races and in need of constant help from the government to do anything is extremely patronizing, but who do they still vote for in overwhelming numbers? Who people should vote for and who they do vote for are often two entirely different things.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blacks are natural GOP constituents. They are overwhelmingly conservative protestants opposed to abortion and same sex marriage.

Democrats never pass up an opportunity to insult blacks who stray from the plantation. Republicans freed the slaves, passed the first civil rights bills which were repealed by democrats, and supported the current civil rights legislation in higher percentages than democrats. The whole democrat party platform based on blacks being somehow inferior to other races and in need of constant help from the government to do anything is extremely patronizing, but who do they still vote for in overwhelming numbers? Who people should vote for and who they do vote for are often two entirely different things.
Maybe the GOP would be more successful at getting the black vote if they didn't want to stop them from voting.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah yes, that must be it. It couldn't have anything to do with punishment and reward such as how the democrats used the KKK to punish conservative blacks while using handouts to win them over to their side into the new era of slavery.
GOP needs to hire you as a consultant on how to lure latino and black voters over to GOP candidates in the elections next year.
Then they could expand their voting options instead of curtailing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom