Impeachment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Impeachment and removal from office are two very different things. Exactly like tried and convicted.
It's more like indicted and convicted, but yeah. There were a bunch of Senators who thought that perjury wasn't a serious enough crime to justify the removal of a sitting President, no matter how worthless he was, and they voted that way when it came down to it.

Andrew Jackson is a better example of a President who did something worthy of being removed from office (basically, he told the Supreme Court to suck it), and he didn't even get impeached. Grant's administration suffered plenty of corruption, most of the Presidents between him and TR were, at best, useless as teats on a boar, and Harding had a scandal big enough to get its own name (Teapot Dome), and you want to remove a sitting President over doing something every politicrit does?

Don't get me wrong--I think Slick Willie was an awful President, and I would've loved to see him tarred and feathered, but convincing someone to remove a sitting President over a lie is a tough row to hoe.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This should have happened a long time ago. I just hope its for real. It far past time to get that POS out of office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom