Indian Tag, or No Indian Tag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can do it, I'd say go for it. The less money going to the State the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Why would you say that? No money to schools, road infrastructure, etc?
You prefer the money to go to individual tribes and be retained by them?
The tribes would evolve into small territories within the state, and what would happen to the rest of the state not on the Rez?

They spend that money on their roads and schools, and the rest of the state is left out?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is interesting to me. So, a "white man" can get a tribal tag for no other reason than to kust get one? Seems as though people mention that the tribal tags attrack the police? What makes them "more attractive" to them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting to me. So, a "white man" can get a tribal tag for no other reason than to kust get one? Seems as though people mention that the tribal tags attrack the police? What makes them "more attractive" to them.

I believe you have to have a tribal card showing you have heritage.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Must be a tribal member to get a tribal tag.

Why would you say that? No money to schools, road infrastructure, etc?
You prefer the money to go to individual tribes and be retained by them?
The tribes would evolve into small territories within the state, and what would happen to the rest of the state not on the Rez?

They spend that money on their roads and schools, and the rest of the state is left out?

I think tribes, because of their sovernty, should keep any and all money.

I believe you have to have a tribal card showing you have heritage.
This is correct. You must have a CDIB card which proves ancestory.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the rules, just opened a tag office in the welcome center. Just bought our last two tags there. 15 min wait and out the door.

The rules used to state that I had to live in original Cherokee Nation area - I live in Creek Nation.
I'm with Hensch as far as not feeding the State any money, but driving a 1962 truck, it's a pitiful small amout we're talking about.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chevy longbed, 235, 4 speed. Drive it every day, about 40 mile round trip to work. No show truck, but I love it.
Nice. I got my '65 (283/auto) back on the road recently. I've had it 12-13 years or so. I forgot how fun driving old junk around is.

Love those sixes. I've always wanted a truck with a 292 in it. Maybe a stock K10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom