Info on Mosins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just for talking would you use a 91/30 or an m44 because of barrel length? don't want to start a debate just for talking sakes

I'm on the fence about this. I had a M44, and loved it. That said, in retrospect, it was awfully heavy for a carbine, but it handled pretty well. I have a 91/30 now, and I feel it is very much better balanced, but hoooooo boooyyy is it a long gun. Had to cut a hole in the top shelf of my safe to make room for it.

rsc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the M38 is a better carbine without the bayonet on the end compared to the M44. The 91/30 is longer and balances well but for a rifle that long, I would rather have an M91. Specifically a Finn/Finned M91 or M24. They feel slim, balance well and shoot oh-so nicely. With either of the long rifles you probably won't be swinging it around quickly on target but for general shooting they are sure fun.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this. I had a M44, and loved it. That said, in retrospect, it was awfully heavy for a carbine, but it handled pretty well. I have a 91/30 now, and I feel it is very much better balanced, but hoooooo boooyyy is it a long gun. Had to cut a hole in the top shelf of my safe to make room for it.

If you think a 91-30 is long dont buy an M91.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theyre actually pretty easy to put a scope on.
I bought a scope mount and long eye relief scope for about $200, for my son.
Take the rear sight pins out ,scope mount gos right over the pins, hes prettty good with it.
If you want to change the bolt handle for a bent handle , you can put a regular scope on it.
Now he gets to do mine... ;)
But doesnt it hold 7 rounds? Just leave 2 out for hunting?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theyre actually pretty easy to put a scope on.
I bought a scope mount and long eye relief scope for about $200, for my son.
Take the rear sight pins out ,scope mount gos right over the pins, hes prettty good with it.
If you want to change the bolt handle for a bent handle , you can put a regular scope on it.
Now he gets to do mine... ;)
But doesnt it hold 7 rounds? Just leave 2 out for hunting?

They only hold 5 rounds. And there is no capacity limit on larger than 22 cal centerfire rifles for hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom