Interest in finishing your own AR Lower Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be saving my pennies awaiting a final cost. If they come in high I'll probably just do one but I REALLY hope we can get in at a good pricepoint where I can get 2 or 3.

OKC_Gunsmith

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First 10 test lowers are off to be broached. I've just placed an order for enough barstock to make 200 more and it will be here next week.
The magwells are perfectly cut with no tool marks or blend lines. I opted for much more expensive tooling to enable cutting from one side instead of flipping the part, resulting in a perfect finish on the sidewalls.
The lines you see running down the walls are reflections, not tool marks.

i48.tinypic.com_m81id3.png

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin good! Ever since I saw the webistes on the guys that are printing working lowers I've been interested in "making" my own...

Out of curiosity, did you write your own CAD for these, or are you using one of the variations available online (such as the BiggerHammer plans)? Just curious. Options such as a Seekins Precision type finger guard would be awesome, but not sure how feasible from the machining side...

OKC_Gunsmith

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The model used was meticulously created from mil-spec and then customized to set it apart aesthetically and increase functionality in certain areas.
I just purchased a $40,000 6 axis probe for inspection and reverse engineering to ensure we maintain top quality inspection throughout the manufacturing process.
I'll post pics once it arrives.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The model used was meticulously created from mil-spec and then customized to set it apart aesthetically and increase functionality in certain areas.
I just purchased a $40,000 6 axis probe for inspection and reverse engineering to ensure we maintain top quality inspection throughout the manufacturing process.

what are the material specs for the billet lowers?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear you're doing it right!

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm terrified that these things are going to cost $500 a piece and that would suck because this is such a great idea and I'd really like to get 2 or 3.

If somebody is keeping a list of some kind please make sure my name is on it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom