Interesting idea: cobbled together 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, gents, hang in there. I got this idea off another like-minded forum, but figured us being Okies, we can do it better. Most all of us collect old parts off of guns that we upgrade and maybe none more so than the ubiquitous 10/22. People don’t even really bother trying to sell these old, spare parts generally since they are so common and don’t generally bring much money.

What if we pulled a bunch of random parts together to form a working weapon? Anyone that wanted could donate an old part to help make the project work. I don’t have a receiver, but perhaps someone that does may be willing to take the reigns on the project or “sell” it for $1 or something. Then, we take some pics, share it around and everyone that donates get custody for a week/month to shoot it. Even bring it to the ENS and run and gun. Might be kind of fun to meet people, get some old parts working and share the experiences all while cleaning out your catch all junk drawer.

Thoughts? Concerns? Interested?

Parts needed:
Receiver
Barrel
Stock
Sights
V block and screws
Trigger pack
Action screws
Bolt
Charging handle/recoil spring assembly
Firing pin
Sling
Possibly cheap red dot?
Magazine

No one should donate more than any two parts, we want community involvement.

Who’s in and ready to come together?

I just had another thought. Perhaps after it’s made it’s rounds with all the “owners” we can donate it to a worthy cause or auction it off and donate the $ to a gun organization, like OK2A, OKshooters.com, GOA or NRA etc (perhaps the winner decides). Just a thought. Open to other ideas. Maybe it becomes a trophy for a competition. Let’s do something fun here.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea. With the creativity of some of the folks here, no telling what may evolve. I'll go through my shop this evening and see if there is anything left that may need to find a new purpose.

Edit: I found nothing to contribute, But I look forward to seeing finished project.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who is going to "assemble" the franken10/22? I believe I have a stock.

I’ll take the task on if someone is willing to donate a receiver. If they are not comfortable with that then we can give all the parts. I can provide my address and contact phone # to any via PM that would like. I can also drive around the Tulsa area to collect or PP F&F/Venmo a few dollars to offset shipping.

Oh, extra points for the more gnarly, rusty, abused and mismatching parts! MadMax style is what we are going for here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom