Interesting perspective for all the past shootings drugs perhaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of these people also have several other things in common.

They all breath (ed) air. They all drank water. They all ate food. And they all had diagnosed problems which were being treated with drugs, apparently with little efficacy. I understand the need to find the why, but blaming drugs for their behavior instead of blaming the inadequate treatment of whatever underlying problem the patients had is probably a futile exercise.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They all breath (ed) air. They all drank water. They all ate food. And they all had diagnosed problems which were being treated with drugs, apparently with little efficacy. I understand the need to find the why, but blaming drugs for their behavior instead of blaming the inadequate treatment of whatever underlying problem the patients had is probably a futile exercise.

Drugs that admittedly cause psychosis.
It is only a futile exercise, because the Globalists and the globalist scum media are having an all-out war on the 2nd amendment.

Pray for us all.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drugs that admittedly cause psychosis.
It is only a futile exercise, because the Globalists and the globalist scum media are having an all-out war on the 2nd amendment.

Pray for us all.

Oh reddog, i do love our chats.

One of the side effects of my ex's anti-anxiety medication was "may cause anxiety" :anyone:

This is what happens when the same meds are prescribed to treat different symptoms like Wellbutrin. For example some are prescribed to help some body quit smoking and are also effective in treating anxiety. Sometimes the patient who does not need an anti anxiety drug and takes anti anxiety meds will will anxiety as a result.

I will say this. As a whole, we are treating the human condition with meds at alarming levels, and without a satisfactory understanding as to there effects, both temporary and permanent.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While this is very interesting and sheds light on a topic that warrants WAY more attention, we have to remember that correlation does not mean causation. This is an extremely complex issue, with many variables to account for.

Mental health problems have a somewhat dirty connotation in our society simply because it is an area that is not as well understood or concrete as physical illness/injury. We need to be careful to not stigmatize mental health any further by associating its treatment with mass murderers. Instead we need a serious, scientific effort to examine current treatments and profile high risk conditions.

I believe the issue of mental illness needs to be held with the same regard, and to the same standards, as physical health. Everyone gets regular check ups, eye exams, and teeth cleanings. Why not have a wellness check for your consciousness?

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Huh!!!!!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the issue of mental illness needs to be held with the same regard, and to the same standards, as physical health. Everyone gets regular check ups, eye exams, and teeth cleanings. Why not have a wellness check for your consciousness?

Like Teenscreen? That seemed like a good idea huh?

[The 2004 New Freedom Commission under President Bush launched TeenScreen and brought in the Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP), which originally started in the 1990s as a way to make mental healthcare more standardized. But because of funding from pharmaceutical companies that affected the drugs that were chosen, irregularities surfaced, and ultimately a whistleblower lawsuit led the Texas attorney general to sue Janssen (maker of Risperdal), saying the company secretly funded the TMAP. The Children’s Medication Algorithm Project (CMAP) was put on hold in 2008 because of those same concerns.

The other TeenScreen problem was an investigation into many different associations’ pharmaceutical funding, including TeenScreen’s, by Sen. Chuck Grassley two years ago. Columbia University responded that TeenScreen itself received no pharmaceutical funding, but did detail the connection of its two directors, who were not employees of the university, the response stressed. This summer, both of those directors, one of whom was Laurie Flynn, formerly of NAMI, resigned.]

http://www.mentalhealthweeklynews.c...reen-shuts-doors-suddenly-after-13-years.aspx

[TeenScreen is a very controversial so-called "diagnostic psychiatric service", aka suicide survey; done on children who are then referred to psychiatric treatment. The evidence suggests that the objective of the psychiatrists who designed TeenScreen is to place children so selected on psychotropic drugs.

"It's just a way to put more people on prescription drugs," said Marcia Angell, a medical ethics lecturer at Harvard Medical School and author of "The Truth About Drug Companies." She said such programs will boost the sale of antidepressants even after the FDA in September ordered a "black box" label warning that the pills might spur suicidal thoughts or actions in minors. (The New York Post, December 5, 2004)]

http://www.psychsearch.net/teenscreen.html

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a human sexuality class I took this semester my professor told me that if any of the drug study participants experience a side effect that it has to be listed, that applies if its just one person out of many. The context of this discussion pertained to oral contraceptives but it may apply to all prescriptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom