International Skeet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is there any interest in shooting International Skeet in the area? I am going to start shooting it again and have asked the OKCGC if we can start shooting it regularly. If I get enough interest, we will do free training and regular fun shoots and maybe within a year or two host a bigger match..

Mike

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can we shoot our totally ATAS FNs and Benellis? Or will that scare the natives too much? :rotflmao:

Either way I'd be interested. I do have a couple of PC shotguns and would be interested.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So it is like regular skeet, 8 stations on the field, high house and low house. The difference from American skeet is that the targets are a bit faster and go about 12 meters further. You start with the shotgun off your shoulder, technically the bottom of the stock is supposed to be at the top of your hip. When you call for the bird, there is a 0-3 second random delay for the bird to appear.. The shooting order is..

Station 1 - Single high - Double
Station 2 - Single high - Double
Station 3 - Single High - Double
Station 4 - Single high - Single low - Double high first - Double low first
Station 5 - Single low - Double
Station 6 - Single low - Double
Station 7 - Double
Station 8 - Single high - single low.

I will do an intro to International Skeet next Saturday at the OKCGC. This isn't an official class or anything, but if you are interested at all, it will be fun to shoot the slow birds with this shooting order..

Mike

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope. I would hazard to bet there will be enough of us members that we can cover the guests. Again, this will in no way be official training. (required disclaimer). I enjoy the hell out of International Skeet and I know some of my 3-gun amigos are just crazy enough to like it as well..

M

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. I would hazard to bet there will be enough of us members that we can cover the guests. Again, this will in no way be official training. (required disclaimer). I enjoy the hell out of International Skeet and I know some of my 3-gun amigos are just crazy enough to like it as well..

M

Just curious about what ammo you use? Shot size etc? Number of rounds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom