International Skeet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just curious about what ammo you use? Shot size etc? Number of rounds?

1oz loads are perfect. The rules used to dictate no more than 24 gram but I need to check on what size is allowed now. I like the 24 gram loads because you can shoot all day without feeling it. A single round of International skeet is 25 rounds. Since you shoot a lot of doubles, and sometimes the machines break birds, I always have 10-15 extra with me. Saturday I am going to shoot some regular skeet but with the international cadence. They are slower but it will be a nice warm-up for when/if the club purchases international targets..

Jesse, you are always required to wear a kilt, no matter what the game..
:)

ETA: The rules for International do still say 24 gram (7/8oz) is maximum. This is only for major matches though, so bring what you got..

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if I was gong to shoot International skeet, I would want a bit of direction, and who better than a OLYMPIC shooter like Mike Pinto!! Who used to shoot for the U.S.A.F. team!! Good Stuff!!!!!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
International requires a special, slightly larger clay target. It will run in a standard automatic skeet machine, if the machine magazine is capable of adjusting out. The special clays will jam in an unadjusted magazine, since they are a tad bigger.

We do have a field at Oil Capital set up to shoot International. It didn't get much use and will likely be converted to a standard machine in the future.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, we are using Beomat International throwers so either an extra shim for american targets or same settings for the 110 mm clays. This Saturday is out however, but we will be up there on the 15th in the morning prior to going and
setting up the 3-gun match..

Scott and I "have" to go on a guided hunt..

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well if I was gong to shoot International skeet, I would want a bit of direction, and who better than a OLYMPIC shooter like Mike Pinto!! Who used to shoot for the U.S.A.F. team!! Good Stuff!!!!!

Thanks Kurt. Hopefully I remember which end of the gun to hold.. :) Got two guns coming. A winchester (Browning Sporting Gun) and I couldnt help but to pick up another Perazzi.. :)

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HEHEHEH Come on out next Saturday Mikey. Kurt who is one of the best shotgunners in the country, and maybe in the world loved the International Skeet rounds we shot and I think was a bit humbled. And we were shooting slow targets.. :)

Scott Parks and I will be up there on the 15th and we are going to try and get one of the fields for us to shoot this game. Please come on out and see what it is all about. It is fun and if you are an OKCGC member, it's only $2 per round..

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is TGC open to the public? That sounds like it would be great fun to get a little match going and rotate between our clubs.. I was going to shoot the sporting clays match at Silverleaf on the 23rd, but now i might come up there.

Thanks Dan for the information..

Latest posts

Top Bottom