Introspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
I am an engineer by degree as well but I never was the know it all type simply because I have no desire to know it all or even know more than you. I just like to know how stuff I like works. I do take every chance I get to enjoy other people's stupidity as I fancy myself as being pretty unstupid for the most part. However I think it was Ron White that said "You Can't Fix Stupid" so there is no sense in wasting time and/or energy in correcting someone that is being or talking stupid, so I don't. You shouldn't either.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always fancied myself as a rather smart-a$$ed, obscure, eliteist type in the way I relate to others. I am an engineer by trade, so you may draw your sterotypes from that.

Elitist is wrong too, but how do you get on with the railroad? I always wanted to drive a train.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back on the OP: Engineers are typically so full of themselves they don't think anyone else can have a logical thought. They can't help it, that's just the way they are. I work with engineers all day, every day. Most of them are nice enough folks, but they go into everything thinking they are smart and everyone else is stupid.

I'm not necessarily talking bad about them, just saying the truth. Sounds like to me that you are gaining a little wisdom, or... you are bipolar and you're in a depression phase.

Unless it's life and death or somthing really important (like designing a trillion dollar part), it's best to hold your tongue and just know what you know. But, I digress...

Don't be offended. You just have to know my humor. :bighug:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's almost required to think that way these days. This:

"Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool"

...is what we have to design around.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it's life and death or somthing really important (like designing a trillion dollar part), it's best to hold your tongue and just know what you know. But, I digress...

Don't be offended. You just have to know my humor. :bighug:

I am not offended. The paradox is evident in your reply, however. Benign issues not understood properly can very quickly become life and death, it's just that some folks can't (or don't) think that broadly. Correcting wrong where it lays (no matter how small it seems) is important...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOLz!

I actually got taken off the extended family mailing list because I couldn't help myself and started snopesing all the "fwd:fwd:fwd:re:fwd:fwd:don't talk on your phone while it's plugged in, you'll die!" emails, and then replying to all with the link and explanation of why the story was BS.

I'm in the same boat with friends and family except for one or two that send ME the chain mail first, to see if its authentic before they send it out globally and make an idiot out of themselves.
Why can't they do it themselves??:scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom