Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Work on getting $100 face value in 90% silver coins. Junk silver is fine. Mainly dimes & quarters maybe $20 in halves.

My only problem is that the silver content is not marked on the face of the coin, and is only a percentage of the weight (which is not on there either). However, I definitely wouldn't mind a roll of quarters and dimes.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dimes! If concerned with mix up, don't get Roose's. Mercs are my favorite.
Can anyone spare a dime? I have ONE Barber and it as slick as a newborns butt.
As far as collecting, I purchased the Franklin half dollar coin books for my kids and we are about half full. I know it will take years. Some Franklin's in decent condition will fetch a pretty penny.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only problem is that the silver content is not marked on the face of the coin, and is only a percentage of the weight (which is not on there either). However, I definitely wouldn't mind a roll of quarters and dimes.

It's common knowledge. Pre-1964 silver coins are 90% silver. This stuff is traded just as much as bullion silver. I've made more buying & selling this stuff then I have bullion.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
try these, they are a 3D work of art. Elemetal just started making these last summer and the ship is already around $75. This one is about to go black since they don't have anymore. These are limited to 24,590 coins. I hate bullion rounds but this is the first series I've collected of this type in 40 years of coin collecting. Looks at the others too. This is the ground floor for this type of coin and they are quite impressive.

http://www.providentmetals.com/2-oz-silver-liberty-island-ultra-high-relief-round.html

Others of note:

http://www.providentmetals.com/cleopatra-2-oz-high-relief-silver-round.html

http://www.providentmetals.com/the-captain-2-oz-silver-ultra-high-relief-round.html

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are 2 oz rounds and it allows them to make them come out at you in 3D high releaf.
You need to see one, and right at $20 an ounce for a under 25k mintageis a great price point.
Silver goes up and you don't lose anything but it goes down and you still make money.
These will be like Pandas and very collectable at a price point that isn't too far off bullion.
ISO certified for IRAs so it's not a fly by night smelter that purity would be questioned and discounted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom