Is a fanny pack ghey, even for hunting use only?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to find something like a very small pack but haven't been able to. I think fanny packs are ridiculous but was considering one for the size and convenience while hunting. Someone please help me find something to suit my needs that is not a fanny pack. Thanks.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a chest pack something like this to carry shells, but not as pricey (mine was free). These are fishing packs, but you can take out all the foam and junk, and use it for shells, maps, gadgets (some have retractable lanyards which are pretty handy too). And depending on what you get, you can put a water bladder in the back and not have to carry a bottle. Cabelas also has one that is 25$, a bit more basic, but would be a smoking good deal.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clot...dNav&WTz_stype=GNU&WTz_l=Unknown;cat103928580

Problem with fanny packs is that if you have a big gut, you can't see into em.

This is the 25$ model, looks good to me.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clot...-Chest-Vest/725565.uts?WTz_l=SEO;cat103928580

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a fanny pack. Game winner or whatever the brand is from academy. Works great.

Left strap pocket has my thermacell and handwarmers. Right strap pocket has TP, wind indicator puff bottle, bleat call, grunt tube, and face paint. Large center pocket holds my lunch, bow holder during hang on stand sits and on climber sits...it also holds a small folding saw and my tree rope for my harness.

Smaller center pocket holds my water bottle and range finder.

It can't be that ghey..you are out hunting. Hopefully if others see me wearing it, they think I am ghey and will try to sneak up on em...so they just stay out of my woods!

Latest posts

Top Bottom