Is it any better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been going to OKC on a fairly regular basis. My route takes me by the Academy in Stillwater, then the one in Edmond. They have the bulk boxes when I get lucky. Lots of the ten cents a round stuff I leave on the counter and make a point of telling them why.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of the people who buy at those prices never, or rarely ever, bought before. They're riding the wave. Their ammo will sit in a closet until they die.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Image1464140619.219915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can now get .22 ammo anytime at the new "sporting goods" store here, but I'm not willing to pay their prices. They had some on the shelf the other day for 50 cents a round. I think the most I've paid is 8 cents each for .22.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can now get .22 ammo anytime at the new "sporting goods" store here, but I'm not willing to pay their prices. They had some on the shelf the other day for 50 cents a round. I think the most I've paid is 8 cents each for .22.

I swore I'd never pay more than .04 at the start of this mess. Finally paid .05, then .06.
I'm getting the bulk now at .06, and my stash will get me through the rest of the year shooting matches. If we get the republican nominee, prices should drop shortly afterward.

Here is what I don't understand. Academy gets a pallet of rimfire ammo a week according to the guy I talked to. They have the bulk and the expensive on the shelf. Walmarts in the same town haven't had any on the shelf longer than a few minutes in years. What's up?
Thinking of emailing Walmart to ask why.
Wouldn't think they would want to lose sales.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I swore I'd never pay more than .04 at the start of this mess. Finally paid .05, then .06.
I'm getting the bulk now at .06, and my stash will get me through the rest of the year shooting matches. If we get the republican nominee, prices should drop shortly afterward.

Here is what I don't understand. Academy gets a pallet of rimfire ammo a week according to the guy I talked to. They have the bulk and the expensive on the shelf. Walmarts in the same town haven't had any on the shelf longer than a few minutes in years. What's up?
Thinking of emailing Walmart to ask why.
Wouldn't think they would want to lose sales.
Yeah, I don't understand the WM .22 ammo phenomenon at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even .22 mag is impossible to find. I've got several sites that respond with emails when it comes in stock, and have only got one email from one company in years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom