Is it time? AR-15 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your basic 16" AR will kill coyotes out as far as you're likely to spot 'em. Just throw on a decent 1-4x or a 3x fixed or something and you're set. That Oracle will do it. But as stripped down as it is, I probably wouldn't pay that much for it... if only because I know how easy they are to build.

Shoot me a PM if you like and I can help you pick out everything you need or would want. For a coupla hundred more than that, you'll have a rifle that is just as functional, but is more aesthetically-pleasing and much more personalized.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There are a bunch of deals out there right now.

I also recommend PSA for starters.

This is the best place I have found for deals.

slickguns.com

They have a listing of several complete rifles under $500.

I believe if you want an AR, now is a good time to get one because of prices and availability. Who knows what may happen come next election.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out my thread in the rifle section. Most of these guys offered good advice in that thread. I was a complete novice on AR's before I started that thread. I'll probably complete my AR this weekend, and I have MS and had to do the work on my good days. Lots and lots of parts available online. There is nothing to difficult about assembling one. Go for it. Here is the thread: https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?220550-What-should-a-person-do-know-before-an-AR-build

I wouldn't even know where to start with a build!

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Build a palmetto state armory and anderson lower for around 400$:with a few youtube videos and cheep ebay knock off parts you will have a 1500$ rifle for under 550$ for the second Clinton scare.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out my thread in the rifle section. Most of these guys offered good advice in that thread. I was a complete novice on AR's before I started that thread. I'll probably complete my AR this weekend, and I have MS and had to do the work on my good days. Lots and lots of parts available online. There is nothing to difficult about assembling one. Go for it. Here is the thread: https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?220550-What-should-a-person-do-know-before-an-AR-build

Thank you!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom