Is the Ruger Mini-14 Obsolete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine always shot M193 ammo as well as an issue M-16 or commercial Colt AR did with same ammo, while not needing near as much lube to go 5000rds without cleaning or choking, and only could go 5000 with a new commercial Colt and never an issue gun with issue mags.

I don't own either type anymore, nor my Bulgarian AKs nor SKSs nor Garands, as I never found cleaning the gas systems worth the effort of a gun never needed for anything at all that I couldn't do with a lever or bolt action, and the latter two far easier to clean.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah its obsolescent not specifically obsolete and its not a great fun for for accuracy or optics mounting options . The newer ones are better than the old ones from an accuracy perspective but to be fair I wouldn't probably own another one and I've owned more than a handful of them over the years . People though usually have some irrational emotional investment in the who A Team aesthetic or if you're actually a life long resident of Oklahoma I would suppose you could have that wanna be OHP or OSP Guard fantasy going on also . As a younger man I remember some troopers had them mounted with stock folded on the driver door so they could be retrieved quickly .

Latest posts

Top Bottom