Is your 22 a literal nail driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Lott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We hear the word "tack driver" so much that I had these made to determine just how small a tack we are talking about,

tack_driver_challenge__77471.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 pages, last liar don't have a chance, but .....

Never tried nails, but Papa had a M61 Winchester. Local turkey shoot would shoot to strike a match. Papa won many turkeys, until his eyes got too old. I could never strike one, hitting the match, but never striking.

Had a spray n pray shooter on the pistol range. 25 round 9mm mag dumping @ 7 yards.
I get set up and wait on him, for range to go cold. We go down range to hang targets. He comments on 1911 being inaccurate and .45 was useless.
We get to the line, range is called "HOT" and shoot 4 rounds, removing his clothespins and target floats to the ground. He QUIETLY, packs up and leaves.

Out on the creek, heard laughing and talking. Walk up to find 5 boys (12-13) with a BB gun shooting at the primer of a .50BMG stuck bullet first in the bank, almost to the rim. They weren't happy when I threw the cartridge in the creek.
Always wondered what WOULD have happened, but was steered of what COULD have happened, if primer had been hit.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at OKC Gun Club 22 plinking range shooting my CZ 457 with Eley subsonic HP rounds. Was shooting from the benches to paper target frame next to dirt berm, guessing 20-22 yards.
Kept having a fly land on my paper target that was very distracting, so I thought, what the heck! Surprised myself. Couldn't have done that shot again In years!

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Believe it or not, without photographic evidence, my Remingtion 597 (discontinued) was a nail (tack) driver as much as my CZ 455. Both with and without suppressor. So much so, that after my friend shot it at the range this year he bought one on Gun Broker NOS and paid an absurd amount of money for it.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not, without photographic evidence, my Remingtion 597 (discontinued) was a nail (tack) driver as much as my CZ 455. Both with and without suppressor. So much so, that after my friend shot it at the range this year he bought one on Gun Broker NOS and paid an absurd amount of money for it.

mtngunr

Marksman
Reaction score
In youth, we formerly could light kitchen matches at 25yds with iron sights, cheapest ammo, and anything which could chamber that ammo.

Nowadays, about best I can do with a listed 2.5x, which is really a 2.2x, where the crosshair intersection completely covered the target, with only rest a pillow stuffed backpack, at 50yds, with a dinky CZ Scout kid's rifle with older Federal bulkpack HPs, is to put most of them into 0.629" (the top hole is a single shot which hit a staple, and so that is 6 of 10 into 0.629"). It seems to nail squirrel ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom