• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy ISO: 223 chambered rifle(youth model)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Hagar

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boy has reached the age of wanting to go hunting now. So it's time dad buys him a good starter rifle. He is 6. So .223 I feel is best to start with for recoil purpose. Last thing I want to do is him squeeze off a round of one of my rifles. Smallest caliber rifle I own is 8mm Rem. Mag.

Would love to find a handi-rifle from New England arms/H&R.

What do you guys have out there?

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Or you can be like my grandpa who thought it was a good idea to start my 6 year old self on a 12 gauge with high velocity slugs. Luckily that didn't scare me off but a 223 or 243 would have been more fun!

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds good! JUST an FYI, that MIGHT help 🤷‍♂️ - there’s a Want To Buy Forum = should probably put the request there.. heck the same people see all.. 🤷‍♂️👍
Good luck with taking son hunting!!

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
There was a Handi rifle for sale recently on here, but I think it is .300 Blackout. Can’t remember who posted it, might be listed under AAC .300?

I have the same rifle and love mine, best single shot rifle I’ve ever owned.

Good luck!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I started my daughter with a 6.5 Grendel on the AR platform. With an adjustable gas block on the AR you can tweak the recoil level down to an acceptable level for the kiddos.

Nathan Hagar

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad. Posted from my phone and just went to firearms and made post. Didn't carry on enough to see a specific section.

To be fair I don't know much at all about AR platform. so adjusting gas block is likely simple but nothing I've messed with so it's Greek to me. And of course all the options of how they are built. I don't know what's good or bad.

Mainly the break over for simplicity of operation for him.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
My bad. Posted from my phone and just went to firearms and made post. Didn't carry on enough to see a specific section.

To be fair I don't know much at all about AR platform. so adjusting gas block is likely simple but nothing I've messed with so it's Greek to me. And of course all the options of how they are built. I don't know what's good or bad.

Mainly the break over for simplicity of operation for him.

I saw some youth model bolt action rifles at my local Walmart. Might want to look there?

I don’t think they were above a .243.

Latest posts

Top Bottom