It’s been awhile.. Gibson’s ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does 22. LR ammo get better with age like wine or scotch?

Yes. Especially when you bought the .22 ammo at about 1 or 2 cents per round and it's worth 4 or 5 times that now.

I have 2 cases of American Eagle .45ACP. The boxes are marked with a sale tag of $8.99 box. Sigh...

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Gibsons was liquidating before closing forever, they advertised WWB .50 count 22lr for .52 cents a box.
I bought three Marlin.22 rifles for $50 each and went to the ammo counter to find some food for them to eat.
As these rifles were to be gifts, thought a box of ammo each would be a nice stocking stuffer.
When the counter person asked what was needed, I just pointed at the .52 cent box of ammo in the newspaper ad that was taped to the counter. She came back with three bricks that looked identical to the 50 round count and charged me $1.56 plus tax.
Pretty sure there is still a box of .38 special in the stash with a price tag of a tad over $3.00 from that era. It may be TG&Y ammo.
they sold me case lot boxes of 12ga ammo for box price. I pointed it out, they said they were right, so I got a cart load. this broke college kid was grateful

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way back when Target first opened they sold ammo but no guns.
Walked in one afternoon, went to sporting goods, they had Remington Yellow Jacket 22's
marked $3.95 a box of 50 and the end flap of a brick marked the same.
I bought 6 bricks at $3.95 each. Best ammo deal I've ever got.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two boxes of 20 gauge slugs from Andy Anderson’s.
IMG_6300.jpeg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, when I moved to Mounds in ‘87 there was a Gibsons in Sapulpa. When they closed Walmart moved in. Then Walmart built a new super center on the west side of town and now Reasors occupies the old Gibsons.
I think the Gibsons was on south Main street, like maybe about where the Vo-Tech is now. I'm thinking Reasors is where the first Walmart was, before they built the super center but I could be wrong. Atwoods used to be TG&Y, and it's possible that's where the first Walmart was, but I don't think so. This would all have been since 1972, so before that I have no idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom