IT Help, Need Hard drive data recovery.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine in medical school had her hard drive fail and needs data recovery asap. I am busy with school and don't have the time to do it. Anyone know of local businesses that are fair and can do a speedy recovery?

Thanks!

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call this guy. David Freeland Cell: (405) 246-5935
He'll probably pick it up and deliver it too. He prices good and most of all I trust him to shoot me strait on what I NEED not what he just thinks is cool and wants to install.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is your friend in Tulsa? If so, she might try Geek Rescue at (918) 369-4335. They were able to salvage most or all of the data off of a couple failed HDD's for my office.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty interesting what these companies do to recover data from dead hard drives. They either replace the electronics from a good donor drive of the same make and model or in extreme cases move the disks over to a working drive. The best ones have clean rooms where they do the actual work and one reason it's so expensive.

Sure makes those little thumb drives that are so cheap and easy to use pretty important to have laying around. You just have to remember to use it.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty interesting what these companies do to recover data from dead hard drives. They either replace the electronics from a good donor drive of the same make and model or in extreme cases move the disks over to a working drive. The best ones have clean rooms where they do the actual work and one reason it's so expensive.

Sure makes those little thumb drives that are so cheap and easy to use pretty important to have laying around. You just have to remember to use it.

This is what I'm saving up for. Stupid head quit moving. Tried the electronics swap, no go. Last price I was quoted was over $100 per hour, but I could pick what I wanted off of the drive, i.e. movies, photos, Word docs, etc., to save money.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $59 a year per computer carbonite.com keeps your computer backed up online all the time. Easy to restore if you lose a hard drive. What do data recovery companys carge to recover your data? Mozy.com is another one.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what happened. It came out of a 2010 Macbook Pro.

The Drive is warrantied but the Genius bar had no success recovering anything and recommended her to find a private business. They won't swap her hard drive until she gets what she needs off of it so currently she's running off of firewire with an external hard drive. I'll pass along the information.

thanks.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another option is:
Rampart Computers

They're on Memorial just north of 131st.

I know this guy personally, he'll shoot you straight about what he can/can't do for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom