I've traveled a lot in recent years, but this was a first for me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you guys haven't had a chance watch "Taking Chance". It's an HBO movie with Kevin Bacon, a great movie, and a word of caution watch it alone. You will cry

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goose bumps. Its amazing that as bad as the world seems. That is one of the few things that brings unity to all. Thanks for sharing.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inspiring story right before bed. Sincerely thanks for sharing, i love seeing thanks given to our troops. I was on a plane last year next to a service member on a southwest flight. Free booze for him courtesy of the airline, we talked cars for a minute and I ended up sharing some magazines I had for the trip to read road and track and guns and ammo. Memorable flight.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's interesting. It's been a few years since I was in the military, but I don't think we were allowed to consume alcohol in uniform while traveling since it was considered being "on duty".

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen that funeral procession transporting a fallen soldier through claremore. A very somber experience. It also makes me think of laying my grandpa to rest.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting. It's been a few years since I was in the military, but I don't think we were allowed to consume alcohol in uniform while traveling since it was considered being "on duty".

What service were you in? Not only did we have beers at lunch (limit of 2) on a regular basis but had Budweiser-sponsored beer parties where we took a half day maybe once a quarter.

To stay on-topic: Nice story. I get a little choked-up when I see one returning home to his family safe and sound at the airport. Can't imagine I'd be able to hold 'em back for that. Kinda odd, when it was me returning I didn't get all emotional.

Latest posts

Top Bottom